Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DC41

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2021
Title says it all. I need a longer cable. I've been using an Anker USB-C to USB-C 10' 100 watt cable and a Anker 60 watt charger for my M1 Air. I need a USB-C to MagSafe 3 Cable longer than 2m for my MacBook Pro arriving next week.

Thanks!

DC41

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2021
For aesthetic reasons I hadn’t considered that, but I might have to rethink it. Thanks for the link!

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Thought I would update this thread rather then create another....

Was also looking for a longer cable, but doesn't seem to be one in existence.....

Wondering if I could use a USB-C to USB-C extension cable in between the adapter and the magsafe cable - most are limited to 100w, but should still be enough for everything but the most intensive use, surely?

DC41

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2021
Thought I would update this thread rather then create another....

Was also looking for a longer cable, but doesn't seem to be one in existence.....

Wondering if I could use a USB-C to USB-C extension cable in between the adapter and the magsafe cable - most are limited to 100w, but should still be enough for everything but the most intensive use, surely?
I bought a 10 foot USB C Male to USB C female 100 watt-rated cable. The male end is plugged into my Apple stock 100watt power supply, and the female end is plugged into my stock USB C to MagSafe cable. I've been using it since I got my M1 Max in November. It's worked perfectly. Most I've ever seen go through it is 76 watts, but I don't check it very often. Usually just forget that it's there.

HTH

Reactions: john123 and Ifti

solardudesf

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2013
I believe my older MagSafe 2 cable was longer. I would prefer not having a power adapter extension cable or a USB-C extension cable. Are there any decent MagSafe 3 cables that are longer these days? Just would be much "cleaner" IMO. Thanks!

davebailey

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2022
There are third-party 10ft MagSafe 3 cables, and MagSafe tips that accept any length USB-C to USB-C cable that are now available.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.