Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jason1978

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Is that how it is suppose to be? There is Ike a huge gap in between the actual apps on all sides when opened. Here is what I mean.

hadajamu.jpg

Jason1978

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Crappy. Do they normally fix these? The fb messenger app is the same way.

ps3zocker

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2012
You can't blame them for an ugly design when you use an iPhone app on iPad. These apps can't be "fixed".

Just download the iPad variants of those apps if they are available.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
There are a lot of apps like that - if you run it 2x it is just stretched and ugly. if you don't run 2x it just looks small.
It isn't just IOS 7 - looked ugly in IOS 6

If developers don't care - tells you something about them.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
There are a lot of apps like that - if you run it 2x it is just stretched and ugly. if you don't run 2x it just looks small.
It isn't just IOS 7 - looked ugly in IOS 6

If developers don't care - tells you something about them.
It's called apps that are for iPhone only vs those for iPad or universal (both iPhone and iPad). Not really about developers not caring, mostly about what developers can and/or want to focus on (for whatever reason).

Jason1978

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
It's called apps that are for iPhone only vs those for iPad or universal (both iPhone and iPad). Not really about developers not caring, mostly about what developers can and/or want to focus on (for whatever reason).

Yah no love for iPad owners. There are many developers that optimized their apps for iPad, shouldn't be a big deal for big companies like Facebook to do the same.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yah no love for iPad owners. There are many developers that optimized their apps for iPad, shouldn't be a big deal for big companies like Facebook to do the same.
Pretty sure that Facebook is a universal app (meaning that it has essentially separate support for iPads).

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
As far as I can assume according to what OP said, he was talking about Facebook messenger.
The OP seems to be about another app, but, yes Faebook Messenger is mentioned later. Facebook seems to be connecting the standalone Messenger app to phone numbers these days to sort of take place of SMS which is why that app might particularly be targeted at the iPhones. What happens when you go to the messages option in the Facebook app on the iPad?

Jason1978

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
The OP seems to be about another app, but, yes Faebook Messenger is mentioned later. Facebook seems to be connecting the standalone Messenger app to phone numbers these days to sort of take place of SMS which is why that app might particularly be targeted at the iPhones. What happens when you go to the messages option in the Facebook app on the iPad?

My Facebook app for iPad doesn't have the feature where if you press messages it takes you to the message app. Am I suppose to?

----------

Yah this won't open for me neither.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
My Facebook app for iPad doesn't have the feature where if you press messages it takes you to the message app. Am I suppose to?

----------

Yah this won't open for me neither.
Where does it take you? Do you still get the ability to use Facebook chat/messaging?

Jason1978

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Anyone notice some iOS 7 apps look ugly on iPad mini?

Where does it take you? Do you still get the ability to use Facebook chat/messaging?

Yah in the fb app only though. Doesn't take me anywhere.

ElectroBricks

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2011
You really should check which platform that app has been designed for. It is only that way because it is an iPhone app that is being opened on an iPad.

Jason1978

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
You really should check which platform that app has been designed for. It is only that way because it is an iPhone app that is being opened on an iPad.

I see. Makes sense. I wish they would make fb messenger for iPad. :/

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yah in the fb app only though. Doesn't take me anywhere.
But you still get the ability to chat/message, right? That's probably the experience Facebook is going for on the iPad--everything in one app.

Jason1978

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
But you still get the ability to chat/message, right? That's probably the experience Facebook is going for on the iPad--everything in one app.

Yah I get the ability to chat but I kind of like the chat app being separate. I like the new design and the ability to just have it separate. I hope that's not what they are going for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.