Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 9, 2017
After installing iOS 12 Beta 2 on my 6 Plus I've noticed it heating up a lot easier and slowing down a lot (I realise this is due to thermal throttling) but is anyone else having this issue? Is it a problem with older phones or just in general?

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
After installing iOS 12 Beta 2 on my 6 Plus I've noticed it heating up a lot easier and slowing down a lot (I realise this is due to thermal throttling) but is anyone else having this issue? Is it a problem with older phones or just in general?
Is your photos app doing stuff? Sometimes it has to “restore” your photos. That heated up my 7 for awhile when after I updated my 7 from 11.3.1 to 11.4.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 9, 2017
Is your photos app doing stuff? Sometimes it has to “restore” your photos. That heated up my 7 for awhile when after I updated my 7 from 11.3.1 to 11.4.
It’s been doing it ever since I installed Beta 2, a day or two ago. Wouldn’t the Photos app be done by now?

alexmarchuk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
New Jersey
I have had my iPhone 7 Plus get hot and recently have had my X get hot. Not sure what the reasons are but all devices I’ve owned got hot at one point or another, no idea why.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 9, 2017
I have had my iPhone 7 Plus get hot and recently have had my X get hot. Not sure what the reasons are but all devices I’ve owned got hot at one point or another, no idea why.
I'm pretty sure it's background processes in the newest beta. I wasn't having issues unless I heavily used the phone but now it heats up so easily.

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK
Definitely seems to be some issue with getting hotter/having shorter battery life in b2, nothing too unexpected for beta cycle though.

jkey91

Suspended
Jun 7, 2018
dun hv heating issue on b2.. but battery performance nid to be improve compare to 11.4 last beta

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
The only time I noticed my device heats up when on the same day I updated the device, charging while using the device or playing games. It could also be because the weather is warmer now? Whenever mines would heat up, I put it on top of my air purifier that vent out cool air at the top. Have you turned off your device since you upgraded? Now, after updating, I would turn my device off for a few minutes and it doesn’t heat up as much or has less glitches.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 9, 2017
The only time I noticed my device heats up when on the same day I updated the device, charging while using the device or playing games. It could also be because the weather is warmer now? Whenever mines would heat up, I put it on top of my air purifier that vent out cool air at the top. Have you turned off your device since you upgraded? Now, after updating, I would turn my device off for a few minutes and it doesn’t heat up as much or has less glitches.
Yeah I turned off my device for the night and that fixed it. It’s mainly when it’s charging which isn’t good for me as my battery needs replacing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.