Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaffiDuck

macrumors member
Original poster
Hello

So I was about to get the 13 pro max but I saw the 14 when I got my 8+ back in 2017 and the 10 came out it already felt outdated. With leaks showing a hole punch or no notch. By getting the 13 it would feel outdated right away. The same bluetooth 5.0 is the same in my 8 Plus LOL.

So I am going to wait 1 more year is anyone else ? :p

Let me know your thoughts.

Also you can't say John or Kuo chat crap yes there leaks my be dramatised to fit the needs of the viewers :) but they were 100% right on the 13 leaks .........................

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
With so many devices sold you can rest assured that there are others like you with a similarly “old” device waiting for another year.

I have the 8+ in my office and use it for filming quite often still.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
I wouldn't discount the excellence of your 8+ quite yet. There's plenty of people who can't tolerate staring at any flickering iPhone OLED screen since the X. The iPhone 14 OLED screen will likely continue with that discouraging trend.

steelhauler34

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2019
I’m on a 7+ waiting for an xr or an 11. Lmao….my seven does everything and pretty decent I might add.

Aleksid1

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2017
I stuck at Phone SE (2020) because I can't use any OLED screen due to flickering and I need a compact smartphone.

I hope that microLED displays may solve issue with flickering. Maybe in iPhone 15?

planteater

Cancelled
Feb 11, 2020
I purchased my 8+ in 09-2017 and am still using it. The battery just dropped to 78% but I think it has another year. I'm waiting for the punch hole and under screen fingerprint reader. Crossing my fingers it's only one more year.

BrandonHacks

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2012
Texas
Bought my 8+ on release day and decided to upgrade. I’ve been missing out on nfc automations and the night mode camera. These two things alone will be in heavy use for me. If next years device has what you(or rumors) say then trade in deals are great nowadays and I’m only paying an extra hundred or two.

DaffiDuck

macrumors member
Original poster
I purchased my 8+ in 09-2017 and am still using it. The battery just dropped to 78% but I think it has another year. I'm waiting for the punch hole and under screen fingerprint reader. Crossing my fingers it's only one more year.
I change the battery this year it was at 79% it only lasted about 5 hours I pray that 2022 is the year :p But looking at the iPhone 1 - 6 was around 5 years from 8 - 14 is around 5 years so we should see something big !!!!!

MyPhone99

macrumors regular
May 26, 2019
Yes i am on 8+ with 90% battery health (yes 90% as i bought this 8 plus from apple.com brand new in 2019 after using Iphone XS MAX for 1 year). Its still going good , will wait for Notchless Iphone.. Hopefully in 2022!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: snipr125

est1738

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
I preordered the 13 pro coming from an 8plus but honestly the more reviews I watch, I think I’m just going to send it back. I didn’t do a trade in I just bought outright. I might wait another year myself.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
I just bought a “new” Apple refurbished ip8+ and got it two days ago. Upgrade from my 6+. For me, the 8+ is still the “best” iPhone ever made because of its excellent screen.

Reactions: jimmy_uk

Sid91

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2018
You’ll have to wait for a couple of years at least for another design refresh brah

stgeorge602

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2018
I was thinking of upgrading from my X to the 13 mini because I miss the small form factor. Plus the camera bump, since the 6, has always bothered me. Now they get bigger and to be honest they're looking a little hideous. The day before the 13's reveal there were leaks that the 14 could resemble the 4s and have flush camera mount. That got me excited and kind of also sealed the deal for not upgrading.

I ended up picking up a first gen SE (16GB) and love it. I think the first gen SE is my fav iPhone design and was excited the 12 went back to that design.

tedley

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2009
Sacramento
I bought a 8+ on 09/18. Battery life is 81% Excellent phone, still functioning well I'm considering upgrading to the 13PM. I'm a photography hobbyist, so the camera upgrades are alluring to me. I'm gonna wait for a bit and see how the 13 PM fairs, then make a final decision. I want to see if it lives up to the hype. I also never buy release-day phones. I like waiting a few production cycles to allow them to work out any kinks in the initial release of the hardware. If I don't like what I see over the next few months, I'll get a new battery for my 8+ can carry on.

Additional battery life also is attractive, but I want to see how it actually performs in the real-world.

DaffiDuck

macrumors member
Original poster
I preordered the 13 pro coming from an 8plus but honestly the more reviews I watch, I think I’m just going to send it back. I didn’t do a trade in I just bought outright. I might wait another year myself.

The more I have seen when the 8+ came out it got outdated the day as it was all about the X ..... So the phone looked old asf. And with the 13 leaks being true this year the leaks that are set out on the 14 make the 13 look super old when you consider there might not even be a redesign of the 14 for another 5 - 6 years etc then it goes to foldable etc.

tjhassan

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
Yes I’m on the 8. Haven't been too much a fan of the later iPhones design wise. The 14 sounds compelling though, waiting to then.

DaffiDuck

macrumors member
Original poster
Yes I’m on the 8. Haven't been too much a fan of the later iPhones design wise. The 14 sounds compelling though, waiting to then.

Nice From the X - 13 it is the same phone on the outside with the inside changes. Unlike the 6 / 7 / 8 where there were actual changes if it was a glass back or something to the actual phone instead of some cameras lol

Reactions: tjhassan

Kathsr

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2019
Maryland
Hello

So I was about to get the 13 pro max but I saw the 14 when I got my 8+ back in 2017 and the 10 came out it already felt outdated. With leaks showing a hole punch or no notch. By getting the 13 it would feel outdated right away. The same bluetooth 5.0 is the same in my 8 Plus LOL.

So I am going to wait 1 more year is anyone else ? :p

Let me know your thoughts.

Also you can't say John or Kuo chat crap yes there leaks my be dramatised to fit the needs of the viewers :) but they were 100% right on the 13 leaks .........................
I have an 8+ that has some minor issues. I posted about my thoughts on upgrading in the thread “iPhone 14 Just Say No.” Haven’t come to any conclusions yet though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.