Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
OH
My wife ordered a rev 2 Hermes model (she's nuts) just minutes after 3am and it won't deliver until Sep 30 (at least that's how it stands currently). Curious if anyone actually got a 9/16 delivery on any Hermes model?

I'm surprised. Either they had little to no inventory or the demand was way higher than I expected.

**EDIT** It was correctly pointed out to me below that 9/16 was never the launch date for the Hermes watches...just "late September"

Last edited:

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
OH
Ah, I didn't realize they were set to be sent out later...I never looked at them specifically because I wasn't getting one.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I ordered mine at 2:10am CDT and got a 9/30 delivery date. My priority was getting a reservation for the Jet Black iPhone 7 (2:08am CDT), which I was able to get for 9/16. The first orders were said to ship at 9/23, so I'm guessing there weren't many allotted to the initial shipment. The ceramic version also showed 9/30.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
I ordered mine at 2:10am CDT and got a 9/30 delivery date. My priority was getting a reservation for the Jet Black iPhone 7 (2:08am CDT), which I was able to get for 9/16. The first orders were said to ship at 9/23, so I'm guessing there weren't many allotted to the initial shipment. The ceramic version also showed 9/30.
When I ordered my Ceramic, it said 9/16, but then my email confirmation changed it to 9/26-9/28. May be delayed as well.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
They were always supposed to be available in "late September" according to the key note.

I ordered a 38mm single tour for my wife at 6:30am EST with delivery set for September 30.

justdefend

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2015
When I checked shipping status 15 minutes past midnight the new band options were shipping in Oct. and the Single Tour was set for Sept. 30. Now most products seem backed up for several weeks or are no longer available.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
I'd love a Hermes for the watch faces and orange sport band. However, I don't use leather products and I know that's the main thing you're paying for besides the watch itself. A shame as again, I'd love to have one.

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
I'm really interested in the 42mm Stainless Steel Case with Fauve Barenia Leather Single Tour Series 2 watch.

1. The Apple Store lists unavailable. What does this even mean? 1 week wait time or 15 week wait time???
2. The original Apple watch had a 2 week no questions ask return period. Does the same policy apply to the series 2 hermes watches? Concerned that since they're higher priced, they might not have the same return policy.
3. I have a local Apple and Hermes store. Any chance of getting the unit in store on launch day?

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I'm really interested in the 42mm Stainless Steel Case with Fauve Barenia Leather Single Tour Series 2 watch.

1. The Apple Store lists unavailable. What does this even mean? 1 week wait time or 15 week wait time???
2. The original Apple watch had a 2 week no questions ask return period. Does the same policy apply to the series 2 hermes watches? Concerned that since they're higher priced, they might not have the same return policy.
3. I have a local Apple and Hermes store. Any chance of getting the unit in store on launch day?
Currently unavailable means they completely sold out of their initial production run. It could be weeks before it is back. They are shipping other models with 2-3 week availability (mostly 38mm) and some with 5-7 week availability (most of the 42mm models).

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
Currently unavailable means they completely sold out of their initial production run. It could be weeks before it is back. They are shipping other models with 2-3 week availability (mostly 38mm) and some with 5-7 week availability (most of the 42mm models).
That's not good for Apple. I'll probably forget about it in 5-7 weeks and not have any interest.o_O

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
That's not good for Apple. I'll probably forget about it in 5-7 weeks and not have any interest.o_O
Well, it means they sold them all, which is good. :) Remember that the bands are handmade and not mass-produced like the normal bands, and both Apple and Hermes want to keep it somewhat "exclusive" so as not to dilute Hermes' brand.

Reactions: btrach144

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

If the product is shipped and sold by Apple, it constitutes Apple's return policy on all hardware. Apple's return policy explains and answers the 14 day return period on ALL new Apple products.

Reactions: btrach144

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
It appears Apple has updated the Hermes watches from unavailable to 5-7 weeks. Has anyone ordered a watch with 5-7 weeks estimate on the website only to find the date on their confirmation email to be much sooner?

I'm trying to determine if Apple is being conservative with their estimates. 7 weeks is almost two months away! At that rate, series 3 will be coming out soon :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.