Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

strangeday

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2009
CA
I know I won't shut up about iPad in the car :eek: But what about you? You have any special place in mind for it? I LOVE custom jobs on things and would really like to hear what you plan on doing with this gadget besides carrying it around.

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
Actually I have a few places I'd love to mount it. The first and most important one would be having this as a 9" navigation system in my car.

The second would be to have a stand that is attached to my bed that swivels out and over so the pad is floating over me like a monitor, yet is in arms reach so I can still control and use it.

tofagerl

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
Ooh, loving the bed-swively-thing.
Maybe some sort of collarbone-mounting-device where you could have it a few inches in front of your face would be nice as well, but that MIGHT be going overboard...

Pixellated

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2008
I like the idea of it being a kind of 'Bed entertainment system', dare I call it that :D. I.E. stuff like EyeTV Live, Jaadu VNC, Youtube, Mail, and web in your bed.

Artofilm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2005
actually, just thinking about it. It'd be a VERY cool home music system. Mount the iPad onto the wall and connect it to the home speakers around the house. Then you've got a home music system-kiosk kinda thing.

It's not something I'd do but I just thought of that in about 10 seconds, give some time and I'm sure there will be some crazy things done with this!

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
What's with all the bed stuff.

iPad, bed, girl (optional), lube, video, need I say more :D

MattyBwrx

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2007
Tucson, AZ
actually, just thinking about it. It'd be a VERY cool home music system. Mount the iPad onto the wall and connect it to the home speakers around the house. Then you've got a home music system-kiosk kinda thing.

It's not something I'd do but I just thought of that in about 10 seconds, give some time and I'm sure there will be some crazy things done with this!

It would be cool to control tv,lights,window blinds,fans, etc sort of all in one remote that can browse the web and is a book reader.

ronjon10

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2009
I thought it didn't have the GPS chip?

Ditto, it's going to be pretty poor as a nav device without the GPS. I was a little surprised they even showed the map functionality during the introduction.

The iphone 3gs does great with nav with the gps. Other versions, not so much.

Flybye

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2009
I'm going to get an app that has constantly changing faces, tie it around my neck and wear it for Halloween. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.