Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sdtrent

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2017
If so could you let me know how it performs on your Mac? I’m thinking about getting it but I want to hear how well it runs on Metal first. Thanks!

EllieFeral

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2014
UK
HITMAN isn't out on macOS yet -- almost though! It'll be released tomorrow.

In the meantime, we're doing a live stream today specifically so you can see how it runs before you decide to buy it. The live stream is at 6PM BST / 10AM PDT over on the Feral Twitch channel if you fancy a look: https://www.twitch.tv/feralinteractive Feel free to drop by during the stream with any questions.

Reactions: Sdtrent

Sdtrent

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2017
HITMAN isn't out on macOS yet -- almost though! It'll be released tomorrow.

In the meantime, we're doing a live stream today specifically so you can see how it runs before you decide to buy it. The live stream is at 6PM BST / 10AM PDT over on the Feral Twitch channel if you fancy a look: https://www.twitch.tv/feralinteractive Feel free to drop by during the stream with any questions.

Sweet man! I'll stay tuned. What specs for the Mac you'll be using?

Sdtrent

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2017
Hitman for Mac is now available! You can also get the first episode for free! I'll be getting it but it will take at least 24 hours for to download for me, my internet is so bad lol.

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010
Initial impression is good, but very demanding.
Normally, I can run games at 2560x1440 on High settings quite happily, but I'm struggling with Hitman a bit. In the Prologue party scene, walking around gives me between 25fps and 40fps on 2560x1440 with detail high, texture high, x4 anisotropic filtering and no AA.
Running the same settings @ 1920x1080, I get 40fps to 55fps.
Also, turning on AA even at x2 kills off between 5-10fps.
Still experimenting though.

Sdtrent

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2017
Initial impression is good, but very demanding.
Normally, I can run games at 2560x1440 on High settings quite happily, but I'm struggling with Hitman a bit. In the Prologue party scene, walking around gives me between 25fps and 40fps on 2560x1440 with detail high, texture high, x4 anisotropic filtering and no AA.
Running the same settings @ 1920x1080, I get 40fps to 55fps.
Also, turning on AA even at x2 kills off between 5-10fps.
Still experimenting though.

What are your specs?

Ya I've gotten similar results. I'm running it on a 2017 MacBook Pro with the 2.9 ghz processer and the 560 Radeon.

It runs pretty well though. I have it on high settings at 1020p.

jeanlain

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2009
I just got the game on Steam. Now I need to get my new iMac, 'cause my old 2006 Mac Pro won't do. :p

jeanlain

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2009
So I got the game. I haven't played it yet, but in true geek fashion I ran some benchmarks. :D
The Mac version appears to perform 10-20% slower than the DX11 version. But this ignores some erratic, unreproducible and severe fps drops under Windows during some runs, which never occurred in the Mac version (I check this wasn't due to some other process running). At very high resolution (4k), performance is basically the same between OSes.

Overall, good work by Feral, and there is hope performance will be even better with High Sierra.

Reactions: Sdtrent and vkd

forever_music

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2023
Hitman for Mac is now available! You can also get the first episode for free! I'll be getting it but it will take at least 24 hours for to download for me, my internet is so bad lol.
Hello, nowadays Hitman (version 1) isn't available on the Steam Store. Steam Store says --> "Notice: HITMAN™ is no longer available on the Steam store.". This is the link I opened Hitman on Steam
And when I push on the download button below of the text "Download HITMAN™ Free Trial " y receive the same warning message

I want to play Hitman (Can I play Hitman version 1 or a higher version?) on my Mac with Apple Silicon (Mac Mini m2 pro)?.
Nowadays, Is there any version of Hitman compatible with Apple Silicon (Native or with Rosetta)?

Which versions are compatible? In that case, Where Can I buy it?.
I would love to play this stealth game.

Thanks for your help.

tlab

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2017
Thank you for the information about this game, I am sure that I Will try It on in the nearly future.
It’s worth getting. It runs well on my M1 Pro although the fans run high constantly and it chews through the battery (by Apple Silicon standards). You will be sad at the end though, because feral never ported the sequels to the Mac :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.