Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HarryPot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 5, 2009
I've always been a fan of the series, but since that was also the case with SimCity and now I'm completely mad with what they have done with it, I'm curious as to how The Sims 4 is compared to the previous ones.

Anyone here played it? What are your initial impressions?

cerote

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2009
I was going to get it but they pushed off the Mac version till unknown date.:mad:

(Same with new Civ)

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
I was going to get it but they pushed off the Mac version till unknown date.:mad:

(Same with new Civ)

That could mean they are taking their time to do the MacOSX port right before releasing it?

I mean… I'm sure that EA/Maxis could do the quick-and-dirty Sims port using a cheap garbage-quality Cider (wrapper) port, exactly like they did with the abysmal and disgusting unpopular The Sims 3 Mac port. No one wants a repeat of that crap.

Celtic Warrior

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2013
Toronto, ON
That could mean they are taking their time to do the MacOSX port right before releasing it?

I mean… I'm sure that EA/Maxis could do the quick-and-dirty Sims port using a cheap garbage-quality Cider (wrapper) port, exactly like they did with the abysmal and disgusting unpopular The Sims 3 Mac port. No one wants a repeat of that crap.

I agree. But The sims 4 looks like almost same as sims 3. They better update the game and develop better packages.

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
I waited for this game for months. I absoleutely loved the sims franchise. I put in a boatload of hours into the third one. As recent as last week.

The new one...

EHHHHHH.

While EA has optimized it to run on a wide range of machines (runs like a pro on my retina 15") the game is freaking riddled with load screens. They might have done this to allow a broader audience to run it but its absolutely stupid that to visit the next door neighbor, I have to experience a loading screen.

Want to go to the library? Loading screen. Want to go to the gym? Loading screen. Friends house? Loading screen.

The ONLY good thing that came out of this is you can now go anywhere in the world (the base game comes with two worlds).

There is no story progression. Other families won't have kids unless you choose to play with them.

I feel extremely let down by this game.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.