Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Simonmiller

macrumors member
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Belfast, UK
I've been on the hunt for a good Sudoku app for the iPad for ages - just one that does the job and looks modern and clean. Has anyone managed to find one like this?

I've looked at loads of different ones on the iTunes store but most of them look like they'd make me go cross-eyed after about 5 minutes playing it because of their design!

RadDave

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2013
North Carolina
I use the same app from Finger Arts. Drawback is that it doesn't have a landscape mode.

Well, 'landscape' mode works on my iPad (see attached pic) - my 'side switch' is defaulted to mute audio, so orientation may be the issue? Actually, I prefer the 'portrait' mode for this app. Dave :)

Attachments

• LandscapeMode.PNG
    LandscapeMode.PNG
    584.3 KB · Views: 316

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
Well, 'landscape' mode works on my iPad (see attached pic) - my 'side switch' is defaulted to mute audio, so orientation may be the issue? Actually, I prefer the 'portrait' mode for this app. Dave :)

Thanks for showing this! But I can't get landscape mode to work on my iPad. In every other app and under iOS landscape/portrait works perfectly. I also tried reinstalling the app but that didn't help either. Strange.
At least I know it should work :)

Last edited:

Thumbender

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2015
This one is Very nice and highly addictive

Sudoktris is very unique in game play and no two games are the same. Optimized for iPads. Let me know what you think of this design. I played it once and was hooked! Very cool game. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.