Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phobos512

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
USA
I have been trying to figure this out for a long time. When I was a kid we had a Mac SE and I have this vague memory of when we got it there was a tour of Macintosh type application that used a paper airplane to argue between sections (not thinking of the game Glider). Does anyone remember this? Does anyone know what it might've been? Thanks!

phobos512

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
USA
I'm not sure. I'm going to guess it was At Ease. A simplified way of navigating the Mac.
Nope, was well before At Ease existed. This would've been 1987ish. At Ease didn't come until 1992. It was literally a "this is how to Mac" type of application; it didn't otherwise have a purpose.

Also, for the record, I curse At Ease. My school district used that crap. It was trash. Might as well have moved us back to typewriters.

bladerunner88

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2009
Off World
As I remember it my Mac SE came with a self contained Tour of the mac and the OS on an 800K Disk. There was an animation of a city street and as you clicked along things happened like when you got to the Movie Theater all the Letters on the Marquee fell to the ground and your 1st "lesson" was to use the Mouse to put all the letters back to spell the name of the Movie! Then as you "walked " down the street there were little animations going on in the windows of the buildings and each one was a mini lesson about the Mac! By the time the animation finished i had truly drunk all the Kool Aid and never looked back.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.