Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NazgulRR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2010
Just wondering if anyone has got an El Capitan GM on one Mac and Yosemite on another with both of the running the same iCloud Photos Library.

Does it work? Or does upgrading to El Capitan GM on one Mac lock you out of that iCloud Photos Library on the Mac running Yosemite?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
There is one thing could be confirmed.
If local library is touched by new OS, then old OS would not be able to access it.
For iCloud based library, I would assume the same result.

NazgulRR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2010
For iCloud based library, I would assume the same result.

I was thinking the same - but as they say: "assumptions is the mother of all f... ups".

Waiting if someone can confirm what the results is for the iCloud Photo Lbiraries :)

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I was thinking the same - but as they say: "assumptions is the mother of all f... ups".

Waiting if someone can confirm what the results is for the iCloud Photo Lbiraries :)
Yeah. I run El Capitan solely so I cannot prove.
It would be better if someone can prove this.

hydr

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2009
I can prove this. No issues running iCloud Photo Library on Yosemite,ElCapitan,IOS 8 and IOS9 at the same time.

The ElCap Photos will have some additional albums is the only difference, those won´t show up on your Yosemite installs.

Reactions: NazgulRR

NazgulRR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2010
I can prove this. No issues running iCloud Photo Library on Yosemite,ElCapitan,IOS 8 and IOS9 at the same time.

The ElCap Photos will have some additional albums is the only difference, those won´t show up on your Yosemite installs.

Perfect! Just what I wanted to hear.

/Thread over

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.