Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
Have you run into any issues with the phone activating? I'm not talking about anything UDID related (I'm a registered developer with access to the dev portal), but upon restore it says, 'SIM not valid' when it is?

I just renewed my developer account in December and anytime I restore my (Verizon) 5s it fails to (re)activate. I have access to install the beta, but I'm worried it will lock me out of my phone (again). I purchased my iPhone 5s full retail and Verizon/Apple have no idea what's causing this. I'm on my 4th iPhone 5s and am paying to test the beta ($99), but don't want to risk replacing the phone again...

TLDR: Anyone on Verizon with a 5s (off contract) running betas (or restoring) getting this issue?

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
Sounds like nothing new came out of the earlier discussion of this at https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1694007/ then?

That's correct. Apple can't prorate a developer account, so I'm stuck with paying for something I'm not using. I wanna load the beta on (or restore for that matter), but don't wanna chance getting another replacement.

I dunno, thought I'd try my luck asking around again..

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
That's correct. Apple can't prorate a developer account, so I'm stuck with paying for something I'm not using. I wanna load the beta on (or restore for that matter), but don't wanna chance getting another replacement.

I dunno, thought I'd try my luck asking around again..
It certainly seems to be a strange one. Hopefully something will surface that sheds some more light on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.