Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soch

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
portland
We have most of our apps in navigation category. Our apps were in top 25 fro almost a year until Sep 2012. Then the downfall began we were dropped to 75-100 ranking. Now from last a few weeks, I have seen that many top ranking apps( which were not good anyways) are no more in top 100 in navigation category. Our apps have also comeback and have started ranking higher between (25-50).

Has anyone seen this behavior? Apple is changing its search algorithm back to what it had initially? Any thoughts?

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
Apple constant changes their search ranking system. Search rankings can be dependent on tons of things (total sales, weekly sales, price, reviews, ratings, 4inch screen size, universal, free or not free, etc..)

They constantly change it and theres nothing you can do about it. If you manage to figure it out before others you can take advantage of it.

I assume with the 5s coming out soon apps that do not take advantage of the 4inch screen will get a huge drop. Apple wants people to buy upgrades for the new phone and if none of those apps are on the top it ruins some of the incentive to do so.

Twimfy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2011
UK
My apps are up and down like a yoyo at the moment and the sales stats don't reflect their positions at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.