Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tp1194045441

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2016
Vancouver
Hi guys, I just received my brand new iPod touch 5G(bought it just to use iOS6). But just after I activated it, I saw a weird screenshot in my photo gallery. Scanning the QR code(censored)in the screenshot gives you basic info of the device[model, region, serial number(reason for censoring), imei(null), meid(null), "90%"] does anyone have any idea of what this is or have any knowledge of this?

PS: It seems to a screenshot of a factory diagnostics software. But according to previous leaks, shouldn't those software run on weird no-UI builds of iOS? This one appears to run on iOS 6.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

na1577

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2008
I wasn't able to find any links about this, but I recall seeing this type of diagnostic before. If I remember correctly, another MacRumors member posted screenshots of their device failing this test multiple times before passing.

Tp1194045441

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2016
Vancouver
I wasn't able to find any links about this, but I recall seeing this type of diagnostic before. If I remember correctly, another MacRumors member posted screenshots of their device failing this test multiple times before passing.
That is interesting! Can you recall the approximate date of the other thread? I will be happy to look through the forum for that tread.

na1577

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2008
That is interesting! Can you recall the approximate date of the other thread? I will be happy to look through the forum for that tread.
I honestly have no idea other than within the past year or so. I tried looking around but wasn't able to locate the thread. I don't even remember what kind of iOS device it was :p I want to say iPad, but it may have been an iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.