Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone X(S) owners: are you keeping your phone another year?

• I am keeping my phone

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I’m upgrading this year

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Undecided but leaning towards upgrading

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Undecided but leaning towards keeping

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

nStyle

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
I must say the 14 is tempting but the “feature” I want the most is battery life. Also better performance would be nice as there’s definitely some noticeable lag now in several apps I use.

Always on display…don’t need.
Better cameras…don’t need.

I’m personally undecided but leaning towards holding off another year.

Keniutek

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2011
Poland
I wanted to upgrade (from Xs) but the price hike here in Poland is 300$ (compared to 13Pro). Looks like i'll be getting last years model, prices of  stuff here are getting out of hand.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
I'm keeping my XS Max for one more year. I don't want to buy the last phone with lightning considering I keep these for 4ish years.

Though I will say the 14 Pro is really cool and tempting me. Hopefully 2023 brings the super zoom lens.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
I'm honestly leaning towards getting a 13 from last year. The new pro would interest me if they offered a decent color option. The regular 14 is not different enough for me to pay the extra $100 for it over a 13. My Xs is still mostly fine but I have the upgrade itch and I've been stuck at 81% battery for about a year. Not going to pay to have the battery replaced when I would for sure be more than ready to upgrade a year from now. I actually got the Xs when the 11 came out because I saw it as a much better deal. Roughly the same price but it had OLED which was one of the main things I wanted when upgrading from the 7. I'm confident a 13 could last me 3-4 years easily just as this Xs has. I could stay with the Xs, but I'm just ready for a change honestly.

SteveAbootman

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2008
I think after 4 good years with the XS Max it's time for an upgrade. Will be interesting going from 6.4 in to 6.1 (the Pro Max I think is just too big of a device).

I'm keeping my XS Max for one more year. I don't want to buy the last phone with lightning considering I keep these for 4ish years.

Though I will say the 14 Pro is really cool and tempting me. Hopefully 2023 brings the super zoom lens.

I had this thought as well, but I plan on having wireless chargers near bed and at desk, so I would rarely plug in to charge anyways.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
My wife's XR is more than fast enough, but she wants a bigger phone and better camera. So, this year is the year for an upgrade, which is reasonable after 4 years even if the XR is perfectly usable. It does have a decreased battery life now though.

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
Love the XS - probably my favorite phone. Kept it longer than I would have because the size and weight was so perfect. 13 mini ordered, was waiting for today‘s price drop

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.