Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
Curious to see how many owners of the base 2019 iMac 5K are still out there. I'm about to upgrade, mainly because I hate the fusion drive and need some extra power for video editing.

Still, I'd like to know how owners of this machine are working with it 4 years later.

Reactions: Andrey84

zarmanto

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2014
Around the corner from the 7/11
Still love my iMac (specs below). I ordered mine BTO and specced it out as much as I could afford so that I could use it for gaming (bootcamped into Windows) as well... so I'm not sure if that falls within your definition of a "base" iMac. Of course, I obviously don't use it for gaming, anymore; I have a separate Windows based gaming laptop for that, these days -- but for anything requiring that I can do under macOS, the iMac still works quite well. Runs Windows 11 decently, too, even though it's not technically supported.

I also intentionally specced mine with a straight SSD instead of going fusion; at no point have I ever trusted the concept of a fusion drive.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.