Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

farme

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
After trying just about everything that came to my mind when it came to downgrade my iPad 2 3G from 4.3.5 back to 4.3.3 using the newest TinyUmbrella Version (5.00.07) with absolutely no luck (error 1013 all the way...) i just wanted to know if someone did it successfully?

Since there are also a lot of people with the same problem in the comments of the newest post on the TU homepage i'm not sure if there's a problem with my configuration or TU......

tehreflex

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2009
You can't. Shouldn't have upgraded. Due to iPad 2 not having a bootrom exploit, it can't be booted out of recovery mode.

No jailbreak for you.

farme

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
You can't. [...] Due to iPad 2 not having a bootrom exploit, it can't be booted out of recovery mode.

Well, that's not the problem here.... :rolleyes:
Apple didn't upgrade the iPad baseband in 4.3.4 and 4.3.5 as well. Starting with TU 5.00.06 you were able to downgrade 4.3.4 to 4.3.3. Yes, 3G modell as well...

Version 5.00.07 claims it will work with 4.3.5, but [read my first post]

So, in three simple words: You are wrong.

Shouldn't have upgraded. [...] No jailbreak for you.

Thank god the whole jailbreaking environment is COMPLETELY stable ALL the time and there are never any incidents which will force you to restore....:rolleyes:

ronsoo

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2011
Same situation. Same plight...

Tried everything with TU version 5.00.07 (which claimed to be able to do the job) to downgrade iPad 2 (3G+Wifi) 4.3.5 to 4.3.3.... Sadly, without success.

Guess that I would shelf my iPad 2 until some possibility comes along... Can't get used to working with the iPad without the tweaks and customization.

Please do share when that possibility of sucessful downgrade is available.

farme

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
Tiny Umbrella 5.00.08 was just released. It should fix this problem, according to the developer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.