Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Asianxfatty

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2011
I was wondering is there any way to disable the dropdown and pulldown menu from the top of the screen. its really annoying, i prefer my 4s to be like the 4, with no dropdown menu or pulldown menu..i disabled all the notifications, but i just get an empty pulldown menu..it bugs me when im playing games...

i probably have to wait for a jailbreak right?

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
I was wondering is there any way to disable the dropdown and pulldown menu from the top of the screen. its really annoying, i prefer my 4s to be like the 4, with no dropdown menu or pulldown menu..i disabled all the notifications, but i just get an empty pulldown menu..it bugs me when im playing games...

That issue is something game developers will have to fix.

Check you updates, game develops may have already addressed this issue.

AlphaVictor87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
when playing games (which go full screen) you actually have to pull down twice to get that menu to pull down.

so that shouldn't be a problem unless you happen to be playing a game that requires multiple movements from that side of the screen.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
when playing games (which go full screen) you actually have to pull down twice to get that menu to pull down.

so that shouldn't be a problem unless you happen to be playing a game that requires multiple movements from that side of the screen.

This...

Asianxfatty

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2011
i see, well i just dont like it in general..it bothers me, like i dont want the feature at all =/ i like how it is on the ios4

truth1ness

macrumors regular
May 8, 2011

Making repeated swipes across the screen is pretty darn common in games. I'm finding this beyond irritating in some of the games I have. I hope there's a solution on the developer or user end.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Currently both the iPhone 4S and iPhone have the pull down notification center.

It's an iOS 5 feature so it doesn't matter which phone you have if you still have iOS 5. The only way to not have it is to have a phone with an iOS version lower then 5.0. All new iPhone 4's and 4S' come with 5.0.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Yeah. It is called Notification Center in iOS 5. There is no "off" switch, but have you tried removing all apps in : settings > notifications? I think it's one of the best features of the new OS and the reason I gave up my untethered jailbreak of iOS 4. (That, and iTunes Match) There might be some devs working on a jb tweak to turn it off in iOS 5. Probably.. but try removing all the apps that are set to "on" in notifications like I suggested and get back to us if you still get a dropdown screen that is just blank canvas...

iRobby

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Fort Myers, FL USA

YES if you want your notifications to be like iOS 4 then all you do is go to Settings->Notifications -> each app select alert style to NONE and it sets that particular app to the iOS 4 message system

sdclark116233

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2012
Fix for the Dropdown Notification Center!!

Here is the link to the YOUTUBE video on how to get that d@mn notification center to stop pulling down!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K63fPDe9SxQ

There is no written instructions so you may need to fiddle with it some. It is pretty clear from the video what to do, except for the end. When you turn the Assistive Touch "ON", you press the "Home" button 3 times and !Voila!... no more Notification Menu!!! It worked perfect! Here are the small written instructions, but the video shows it better [take note of step 3, that's where I got confused on the video]...

1- Enable Assistive Touch option on Triple-Click Home Button settings.
2- Turn ON Assistive Touch.
3- Triple click the Home Button with the Assistive Touch menu.

Please reply and let me know if it worked for you or not! And 'Thanks' for reading!

- Steve

Garamond

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2004
Incredibly annoying! There must be a fix somewhere for this.

----------

Here is the link to the YOUTUBE video on how to get that d@mn notification center to stop pulling down!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K63fPDe9SxQ

There is no written instructions so you may need to fiddle with it some. It is pretty clear from the video what to do, except for the end. When you turn the Assistive Touch "ON", you press the "Home" button 3 times and !Voila!... no more Notification Menu!!! It worked perfect! Here are the small written instructions, but the video shows it better [take note of step 3, that's where I got confused on the video]...

1- Enable Assistive Touch option on Triple-Click Home Button settings.
2- Turn ON Assistive Touch.
3- Triple click the Home Button with the Assistive Touch menu.

Please reply and let me know if it worked for you or not! And 'Thanks' for reading!

- Steve
Did not work :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.