Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cgi101

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Has anyone tried the Case-Mate iPhone 3G Smooth Case? It looks goods but I couldn't find any reviews online. I'm wondering just thick/bulky it is, and how hard the inside of it is (i.e. will it scratch the phone when putting it on / removing it)

http://www.case-mate.com/iPhone-3G-...h-Case.asp?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=post

thanks!
getDynamicImage.aspx
getDynamicImage.aspx
getDynamicImage.aspx

jersey

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2007
I'm curious about the Case mate too. If I had to decide between it and the innocase without a review, I'd go Case mate simple because the innocase lets dirt in via the hole in the back.

My friend had an innocase, and while he likes it, he has to clean it every few days.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I could never put my beautiful phone in any ugly case. I go naked since the first gen and never had any problems. Cases just hide the beautiful design and make the device look atrocious imo.

cgi101

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
I could never put my beautiful phone in any ugly case. I go naked since the first gen and never had any problems. Cases just hide the beautiful design and make the device look atrocious imo.

I agree with you. However, you have to take good care of it. Not using a case doesn't work for people like me.... I did that for 8 months with my 2G and it was sooo beat up and dented by the end. Eventually it crapped out after too many drops =\ I doubt I will become any more careful, so it looks like I'll need a case!

JBellLion

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2009
Has anyone tried the Case-Mate Smooth Case with the Seidio Innocase II holster? I have an Innocase with holster, but the do not like the "apple hole" on the back. It would be great if the smooth case fit with the holster I already have. They look similar in size...

uiop.

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Has anyone tried the Case-Mate Smooth Case with the Seidio Innocase II holster? I have an Innocase with holster, but the do not like the "apple hole" on the back. It would be great if the smooth case fit with the holster I already have. They look similar in size...

I had it for a day and hated it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.