Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d3vp0ll

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2022
NY
I was a decade long Android user who in 2019 switched from my Pixel 2 XL to the iPhone 11. I’m all Apple these days and can get a good deal on a 14 Pro Max upgrade.

My wife and I have been using our 11s with honestly no issues, with the only exception of not having zoom in the camera. I’m a tech nerd so I understand all the specs differences but I’m interested to know if anyone has made a similar jump in years (3+) from a non Pro device to a Pro/Pro Max. I tend not to buy Apple’s top of the line products, I have an iPhone 11, standard 2nd Gen AirPods, M1 Mac Mini, base iPad from 2017 for the kids etc. This would be the most “pro” Apple device I’ve ever owned and I’m not sure if it’s worth the jump.

With carrier switching and various discounts I can get the 14 Pro Max for $400, my wife and I are casual photo takers who admittedly miss our Pixels for great still photos of our kids and dog but were willing to make the switch to many other Android/google related issues.

Anyone make a similar jump this year or last year? Was it worth it?

I’m also debating if I should get the Pro Max or just get an iPad Mini 6 (I work from home and have an LTE Series Apple Watch).

TechLord

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2020
400 for a 14 Pro Max is a pretty good deal. I went directly from the 11 to the regular 12 and even that felt like a pretty solid upgrade with the improved display and new design. 11 > 14 pro max is a good jump.

Reactions: d3vp0ll
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.