Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ACG12

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2015
I really like my 13, but I’m really frustrated with it and want to upgrade. I’ve had nothing but issues with it since I purchased it new (motherboard was replaced, call quality is bad, sluggish with opening apps).

I feel the 15 Pro will be a significant update/experience for me due to doubling the RAM, better cameras, usb-c port, and occasionally being able to shoot in ProRes.

My only concern is battery life. Will it be as good as the 13 which gets me throughout the day? I don’t need 15 Plus battery life, I just need it to be equivalent to what I get now.

Last edited:

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
13 Pro Max to 15 Pro Max.

Had no issues with my 13. Nor do I have with the 15. Battery easily lasts over a day for me (I'm a light user though)

zulumaster

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2014
Upgraded from a 13 mini to a 15 Pro. No complaints here. The camera is awesome in my opinion. Battery life is crazy good for me. I'm mostly using the camera app and makings calls, so not a heavy user, but I'm ending days with ~50% battery consistently.

ht5pilot

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2011
MS
I went with iPhone 15 Pro this year. I have had the bigger phones since iPhone 6s Plus and decided to make the change to a smaller form factor mainly due to weight and reachability. In the past, I have owned iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone 13 Pro Max. Really, the last phone did me in and really couldn‘t get used to the weight, but it was such a beast in battery life. I guess I was reminiscing about my iPhone 5 I used to have many moons ago. It was such a joy to use and lightweight. So far, I have really enjoyed this years phone and its lighter than my wife’s iPhone 14 Pro.

lclev

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2013
Ohio
I went from a 13Pro to a 15Pro. The only reason was for the USB-C connector and the brighter display in sunlight. My 13Pro never gave me any problems, no issues at all. So far the 15Pro has performed flawlessly and it does seem to be quicker than the 13Pro. But if I had not gone to the 15Pro I would have been fine staying with the 13Pro.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
I went from a 13Pro to a 15Pro. The only reason was for the USB-C connector and the brighter display in sunlight. My 13Pro never gave me any problems, no issues at all. So far the 15Pro has performed flawlessly and it does seem to be quicker than the 13Pro. But if I had not gone to the 15Pro I would have been fine staying with the 13Pro.
I’m on a 13 Pro too. The only reason I’m even considering the jump is Verizon’s trade-in “deal.” Are you glad you did it?

Big Country

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2022
I went from a 13 Pro Max to the 15 Pro Max. I held off as long as I could on sending my 13 Pro Max in for the trade credit (just shipped it off this evening) because I wasn't sure the 15 was enough of an improvement to warrant shelling out the money for an upgrade. The pros are the lighter weight, brighter screen (very noticeable), brighter pictures in low light and 5X optical zoom. While the pictures are brighter and a little sharper, I don't feel it's significantly better than the 13 Pro Max and I think the 15 Pro Max has more noise. I did decide to keep the 15 Pro Max but have a feeling I'll wish I would have waited for the 16.

For what it's worth, the battery life seems comparable so far to my 13 Pro Max. I'm not a super heavy user but I last charged mine the night before last and I still have 36% battery at almost 10:00 PM. So if concerns with the battery was the only thing holding you back I'd say you don't have anything to worry about.

Tdevilsg

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2021
Went from a 13 Pro to a 15 Pro.

15 Pro is a great phone. Lots of great little upgrades on this compared to the 13 Pro. USB-C, Dynamic Island, better camera, higher HDR brightness, AOD, better battery life, better speakers, lighter weight, etc.

lclev

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2013
Ohio
I’m on a 13 Pro too. The only reason I’m even considering the jump is Verizon’s trade-in “deal.” Are you glad you did it?
I am glad I went to the 15pro mainly because of the USB-C and screen brightness in direct sunlight.

Reactions: Tsepz

Climb14er

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2021
Denver, Colorado
I’ve had no problems with the 13 Pro Max, phone is running very well. Battery down to 92%, working around this for the time being. Will pass on the 15 PM, and will consider the 16 PM on Verizon if there’s a compelling enough reason to do so.

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2008
I was going to post the same question. Looking to possibly upgrade my kids lines from 13 (regular) to 15 Pro.

13 to 15 regular seems like minimal upgrade (only 1 gen newer chip, USB-C). But the 15 Pro has a 2-gen chip jump, better cameras, better screen.

Or wait one more year for the 16 series.

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
13mini to 15pro.

Battery is crazy good for me. Usually end with ~70% when i go to bed.

Mini went below 35% pretty much daily.

But very light user. Like 1h music and 1h 30 screen time a day.

(No AoD)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.