Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IllusionEntity

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2013
Kent, UK
Hi All,

I am personally tired of lugging around a 6”+ phone now. I have decided this year to upgrade (downgrade in most peoples eyes I imagine) my 12 Pro Max to the 13 Mini.

After watching a lot of 12 Mini reviews, the main complain was the battery life, this has been slightly improved for the new Mini so now is my time to take the plunge.

Who knows, maybe I’ll miss the Pro models and jump back next year ?

Reactions: macintoshmac

Fadingvampire

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2016
I'm pre-ordering the 13 Mini as we speak!

I'm coming from an iPhone 8 plus. Honestly, after having that for the past 3 years, I am excited to have a phone that is more compact.

I imagine its going to be a massive upgrade compared to the 8 plus lol. It's going to be so weird not having a home button!

asfafa

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2010
Bridgwater, Somerset, UK
I'm coming from a iPhone XR to an 13 Mini and am very happy with my choice/upgrade!

Great size, cameras and the battery life is good. My 12 year old is having my XR, coming from a iPhone 6.

WNYX

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2018
I don't think I ever would, but I've seriously considered it. I kind of miss using a small phone when it comes to actually using it as a phone. (Of course, I love the bigger screen when using it as a portable media device.) I still remember when the Charlie's Angels Nokia (8210) came out around 1999/2000 and how its small form factor really wowed me and was a huge selling point for me. I also recently watched Elementary and Schitt's Creek, and seeing them use small iPhones really brought back nostalgia for me. I also think most of the phone cases work/look better for the smaller phones.

theanimala

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2007
Close, I just went from a 12 Pro Max to a standard iPhone 13. I do miss the bigger screen but I do like the portability and weight.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
It's going to be so weird not having a home button!

This statement got me. I realised I have been on a home button for 10 years now. Started the iPhone journey with iPhone 4S in 2011 and continuing it through 2021 with 8 today, happily.

I wonder if I should commemorate 10 years of using home button by killing it and getting a 13 mini for myself. ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.