Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wmth99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2015
New to Evernote. Use ok on Macbook. However, when I open notes from iPhone, i don't know how to delete a line? All I find is how to delete a 'Note' or folder but not just a line? This is ridiculous that I have to go searching on something so simple. I may just switch to OneNote? Thanks.

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
I find OneNote to be more intuitive. I tried EverNote briefly (literally minutes) and it just didn't work for me. Plus, there was a limit on how many notes I could sync without paying a subscription.

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
I used OneNote. When I switched to Mac around 2008, there was no OneNote available and so I started using Evernote. Now that OneNote is available on Mac, I went back to it but still also use Evernote. The migration to a single application would take some time and so I haven't done it.

nightcap965

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
Cape Cod
I've been using Evernote Pro for years. I don't know any way to delete a line in Evernote for iOS except holding down the delete key or highlighting the line and selecting "cut".

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
OP, not sure I understand what you mean about delete a line. I just back space. Or, you can select and delete. I am just a basic user with bullet lists like Groceries. I may just start using Apple Notes. Right know am using both. I have had syncing issues with Evernote in past.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Tried using Evernote for a while, but it just proved too bloated and confusing for my needs. I flirted with other note-taking apps like Drafts and Onenote, and am now back to using the stock Notes app now that iOS 9 has given it some much needed features such as checklist creation and the ability to insert images.

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
Evernote is an excellent tool I've used for years. It's not for the casual user that wants instant gratification, but with a bit of patience it's a wonderful and highly effective solution.

Simplenote is another excellent option that also works well across platforms.

OneNote was a personal favorite on the Windows side, but sadly was not offered to Arch Rival Apple until years after I gave up waiting .

nightcap965

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
Cape Cod
I'm kind of stuck with Evernote, since I'm closing on 4,000 notes. I switched to it after the Yojimbo debacle. (Yojimbo was a great product, but how BareBones managed it should be a case study at Harvard B. School in How To Alienate Customers.) Nothing else has scaled as well as Evernote. OneNote is too limited on the Apple platform, Apple Notes is buggy, and little else extends so easily across MacOS and iOS (and WatchOS!).

ozaz

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2011
New to Evernote. Use ok on Macbook. However, when I open notes from iPhone, i don't know how to delete a line? All I find is how to delete a 'Note' or folder but not just a line? This is ridiculous that I have to go searching on something so simple.

Just select the line in the note (using usual iOS text selection procedure) and then hit backspace on the keyboard.

I may just switch to OneNote?

If you're new to using note-taking apps, I'd suggest you spend some time trying out a few before settling on one (perhaps a month with each). I find it very difficult to say there is a 'best' one as they each have their unique strengths and use cases, and I don't think you get a good feel for this just by reading online reviews or recommendations on forums.

OneNote and Evernote are the most feature rich but they have different strengths. OneNote is best if you need to produce notes with a lot of formatting and control over arrangement. OneNote is also significantly better on desktop than on mobile. Evernote on the other hand seems to have been designed from the ground up with mobile in mind and has a better designed mobile app. The way notes are organised also differ quite significantly between OneNote and Evernote.

Also try Apple Notes, Google Keep, and Simplenote if you want something simpler than OneNote/Evernote.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.