Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Goatllama

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2015
Mountaintop Lair
Do you mean 3G? I know of at least one person in Louisiana who has one. My current phone was released in the same year as the 3G, if that counts for anything. :D

Edit: Looking at your signature, I don't think you meant the 3G in which case your phone is older than mine. :eek:

Reactions: AmazingHenry

alanderp

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2016
Do you mean 3G? I know of at least one person in Louisiana who has one. My current phone was released in the same year as the 3G, if that counts for anything. :D
No, 2G, the one with silver aluminum with black on the back.

I still have mine but it's more of a display on my desk.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
One of my co-workers uses his first gen iPhone between selling the previous model and buying the new one. I always hated those old versions of iOS. They were fine at first but they certainly didn't age well.

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
The question is if you use it as your main phone, not a screen on your desk or a phone between transitions. Does anyone actually use it as your only/main phone daily?

Reactions: Rocko99

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
Why bother with a device so dated? You're literally missing out on everything iOS has to offer at this point.
Well, if a computer/device does everything I need it to do, I don't spend the money on an upgrade. A newer device would be nice, but I don't need it. By the way, I'm still using a Mac from 2003 as my daily driver. ;)

Reactions: Goatllama

Mr_Killjoy

Suspended
Sep 19, 2016
Well, if a computer/device does everything I need it to do, I don't spend the money on an upgrade. A newer device would be nice, but I don't need it. By the way, I'm still using a Mac from 2003 as my daily driver. ;)
Hey, as someone using an iPad pro as their main device, I'm not going to knock it. To each their own and all that. But some upgrades are worth it, just for your own enjoyment's sake.

Reactions: Freakonomics101

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon

To be honest, I totally get it. My favorite Mac to this day is the 12" PowerBook G4.

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
I'd probably take one. My phone uses aren't that impressive, I don't rely on mine for any exciting apps or anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.