Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bradman226

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2020
I’m looking for the best price for my iPhone 11 Pro Max once my 12 pro max comes in, and found the best offer from nerdzy.co but can’t find too much about them online. They were listed as one of flipsy.com’s trusted stores, but I can’t find anything about them on Reddit or forums to verify their reputation. Anyone has experience with them?

Reactions: Tblakedav

Tblakedav

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
I’m looking for the best price for my iPhone 11 Pro Max once my 12 pro max comes in, and found the best offer from nerdzy.co but can’t find too much about them online. They were listed as one of flipsy.com’s trusted stores, but I can’t find anything about them on Reddit or forums to verify their reputation. Anyone has experience with them?
Every review site that I could find gave them stellar reviews. I had never heard of them but the offered me about $200 more for my 11 pro Max than the next highest place. So I’m going to give them a whirl.

Reactions: bradman226

lordhamster

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2008
Never heard of them. I've used buyback boss successfully in the past though. I just checked out the Nerdzy site and have to say it looks suspect. The price for an iPhone XS Max in "good" condition is $520? How can they possibly hope to sell that?

bradman226

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2020
Never heard of them. I've used buyback boss successfully in the past though. I just checked out the Nerdzy site and have to say it looks suspect. The price for an iPhone XS Max in "good" condition is $520? How can they possibly hope to sell that?
Yeah, it seems too good to be true. Was hoping there were some Guinea pigs on here who’ve already tried them out. The fact that flipsy.com lists them as a trusted store gives me hope though.

chipchen

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2002
Why not sell in the MacRumors Marketplace, FB Marketplace, Offerup, etc? What're the specs that you're selling? I'm actually looking for one.

bradman226

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2020
Why not sell in the MacRumors Marketplace, FB Marketplace, Offerup, etc? What're the specs that you're selling? I'm actually looking for one.
I've a few bad experiences with expensive tech on marketplaces, so I like the convenience of trading it in for cash knowing I didn't get scammed (although Nerdzy.co is starting to look like a scam lol). I set up an order with nerdzy and the email I got from them had a lot of conflicting information and didn't even include the prepaid shipping label they promised, so I might just stick with trading it in with Apple or a a more well known webiste like macmeanoffer.

veedubshafer

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2012
So I tried nerdzy. They’ve been in possession of my iPhone 11 for 1-1/2 weeks and they keep giving me the runaround as to why they haven’t inspected it yet and have now stopped responding to emails. I should’ve known better.

John dosh

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2019
So I tried nerdzy. They’ve been in possession of my iPhone 11 for 1-1/2 weeks and they keep giving me the runaround as to why they haven’t inspected it yet and have now stopped responding to emails. I should’ve known better.
Definitely is very suspicious not sure you can give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

diabeteuz

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2020
Scam. After communicating with them for a couple days, once I saw they had received my iphone 11 they stopped responding to email and no payment has been received.

veedubshafer

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2012
Total scam! So they had said they were backed up because they partnered with Flipsy.com at on point and I did see them listed on that site. So I figured I would contact Flipsy to see what they had to say. They have been SUPER helpful! They have already been in contact with law enforcement etc. because a bunch of people were scammed. They gave me links to fill out paperwork to report what happened to the proper agencies. They also said Nerdzy has an LLC so they are able to be tracked down. If I was in need of the money this would be really upsetting. But I’m hopeful something will happen and I either get the phone back or get paid or something. If not it’s not the end of the world. Live and learn.

diabeteuz

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2020
Total scam! So they had said they were backed up because they partnered with Flipsy.com at on point and I did see them listed on that site. So I figured I would contact Flipsy to see what they had to say. They have been SUPER helpful! They have already been in contact with law enforcement etc. because a bunch of people were scammed. They gave me links to fill out paperwork to report what happened to the proper agencies. They also said Nerdzy has an LLC so they are able to be tracked down. If I was in need of the money this would be really upsetting. But I’m hopeful something will happen and I either get the phone back or get paid or something. If not it’s not the end of the world. Live and learn.
This is the exact experience I had. Not pressed for money but it sure sucks to be scammed like this. I also filled out a bunch of complaint forms with different agencies and with Attorney General's Office. Hopefully I get some remediation.

no2nerdzy

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2020
same experience with me, Flipsy has been very helpful but not sure of this will amount to anything. Will also file complaints as much I can.

Kevkal

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2020
They have had my phone for 2 weeks now, no responses whatsoever. I’m so pissed, I have used flipsy for the last 4 years and it had been great. WTF, let me know if you guys get anywhere with redemption!

Kevkal

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2020
Definitely is very suspicious not sure you can give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.
They have had my phone for 2 weeks now, no responses whatsoever. I’m so pissed, I have used flipsy for the last 4 years and it had been great. WTF, let me know if you guys get anywhere with redemption!

Kevkal

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2020

diabeteuz

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2020
Bad news everyone! I contacted the UPS store that Nerdzy.co had a holding box at, the place I shipped mine to. The box was closed last week, and the FBI even investigated the owner and visited said UPS store. Sounds like he closed out the box and moved out. Unfortunately that means any device sent and received before the box was closed, probably November 25th, was picked up by him and probably no chance to get it back. RIP

• Angry
Reactions: ErikaMinSF

Kevkal

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2020
Bad news everyone! I contacted the UPS store that Nerdzy.co had a holding box at, the place I shipped mine to. The box was closed last week, and the FBI even investigated the owner and visited said UPS store. Sounds like he closed out the box and moved out. Unfortunately that means any device sent and received before the box was closed, probably November 25th, was picked up by him and probably no chance to get it back. RIP
Oh man, this sucks! I sent mine to nerdzy and it got received the 18th. You think flipsy will do anything for us? I mean they have to take some responsibility, I would never have used them without their site listing them.

diabeteuz

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2020
Oh man, this sucks! I sent mine to nerdzy and it got received the 18th. You think flipsy will do anything for us? I mean they have to take some responsibility, I would never have used them without their site listing them.
I did the same thing, and mine was received on 17th of November.

I honesty am not sure if we can get anything out of Flipsy for it. They are legitimate, and they vet the vendors they allow. Part of me says they should be held liable, but then again, I find online transactions at risk anyway. I personally dont need the money from my transaction, it doesnt affect my budget, but if I was in need, i probably would go after Flipsy. Ill do some research and let you guys know what I find.

Kevkal

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2020
I did the same thing, and mine was received on 17th of November.

I honesty am not sure if we can get anything out of Flipsy for it. They are legitimate, and they vet the vendors they allow. Part of me says they should be held liable, but then again, I find online transactions at risk anyway. I personally dont need the money from my transaction, it doesnt affect my budget, but if I was in need, i probably would go after Flipsy. Ill do some research and let you guys know what I find.
I plan to call flipsy tomorrow to see where I can get. Thanks for the help, I’ll advise what happens with my call.

Reactions: ErikaMinSF

ErikaMinSF

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2020
I got scammed too! First time in my life and I am so so bummed. Agreed that Flipsy has been helpful but clearly none of us would have trusted if they weren't promoting the site. It clearly says on the Flipsy website that only trusted sites are included and are monitored. It's a federal offense what this person did as it crosses state lines so I hope something gets done. If anyone has any recommendations or had actions to take other than the 2 sites Flipsy provided please let me know..not an ok time to be taking advantage people and their money.
Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 9.50.36 AM.png

diabeteuz

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2020
I got scammed too! First time in my life and I am so so bummed. Agreed that Flipsy has been helpful but clearly none of us would have trusted if they weren't promoting the site. It clearly says on the Flipsy website that only trusted sites are included and are monitored. It's a federal offense what this person did as it crosses state lines so I hope something gets done. If anyone has any recommendations or had actions to take other than the 2 sites Flipsy provided please let me know..not an ok time to be taking advantage people and their money. View attachment 1686347
I worked with Flipsy on my case and received communication from Flipsy I would deem as great. However, just like you did, I would not have chosen Flipsy if the vendors they listed were not "...trusted, verified..."

I have an open case with Flipsy as they are working with authorities, and Flipsy mentioned I should either be getting payment or my device back, but it didnt sound like I would lose both.

I would highly recommend anyone else who was scammed contact Flipsy asking for restitution. You may not get anything immediately but they are still in contact with me when I ask for updates.

Kevkal

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2020
I got scammed too! First time in my life and I am so so bummed. Agreed that Flipsy has been helpful but clearly none of us would have trusted if they weren't promoting the site. It clearly says on the Flipsy website that only trusted sites are included and are monitored. It's a federal offense what this person did as it crosses state lines so I hope something gets done. If anyone has any recommendations or had actions to take other than the 2 sites Flipsy provided please let me know..not an ok time to be taking advantage people and their money. View attachment 1686347
Reach out to Chris in customer service at flipsy, I talked with him yesterday. It sounds like we will all be taken care of. He will need some documents from you. Chris@flipsy.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.