Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
My grandson really wants a keyboard with trackpad for his ipad. I’ve considered trading in his 9th gen on a 10th so he could use Apple’s, but the fact that it only comes in white really makes me nervous - afraid it’ll just look awful in no time.

Anyway, I’m wondering how this Logitech one performs compared to Apple’s.

starvational

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2023
WA
My grandson really wants a keyboard with trackpad for his ipad. I’ve considered trading in his 9th gen on a 10th so he could use Apple’s, but the fact that it only comes in white really makes me nervous - afraid it’ll just look awful in no time.

Anyway, I’m wondering how this Logitech one performs compared to Apple’s.
I was wondering the same and found a super long thread on the subject. Page 2 is a good starting point:

Overall, it seems like it has more features than the magic keyboard, but some users report issues with the touchpad not being responsive and requiring you to hit a key to make it responsive again. Other users seem to not have the issue, so YMMV.

I'm waiting on mine to arrive, so I've not tested it personally but the additional case protection that the Logitech provides sold me on it over the magic keyboard.

Reactions: KaliYoni

venom600

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I have used the Combo touch on the ipad pro 10.5, Air 3 (same one), and the Folio Touch (permanently attached keyboard) and Combo Touch for the iPad Pro 11. It is, bar none, fantastic. I love it to death and would still have them on my iPad Pro 11 except i was gifted a Magic Keyboard. I used them for years and they are durable and don't get dirty like you'd think the fabric would. The magic keyboard is just... better feeling. It feels expensive with the magnets and the longer key travel, but it doesn't provide any protection to the iPad.

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
The combo touch made me love my iPad Pro again. I purchased the 10th gen iPad with keyboard because I wanted the kickstand, as I didn’t know the combo touch existed. I’d highly recommend a used/refurb iPad Pro (I’m on the 2018 gen and it’s still working great) with the combo touch any day over the 10th gen (which I returned).

Reactions: venom600
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.