Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Johnny_Gebrayel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2024
United Arab Emirates
Hello all,

Would appreciate some help from your experience, I searched but couldn't make a decision yet.

I own a MacBook Pro 16 inch 2019 laptop (16 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 processer).

I bought it brand new back in late 2021 and its running on the final version of Big Sur (11.7.1), it is flawless and not a single issue. Note that the laptop shipped installed with Big Sur from factory.

The thing is, I am forced to update its MacOS because I use it for DJing and one DJ software that I use for performing, no longer officially supports Big Sur. The software is still running and I am managing, but has 1 issue now that is slowing me down while performing.

So anyone has Monetary, Ventura or Sonoma installed on the same laptop? Is it flawless or any issues? I heard that Ventura and Sonoma don't work well with Intel processors. So I am worried.

I love my MacBook Pro for DJing but I thought it would be a long term investment and last long. I usually don't like to software update my Apple products because they always get slower, especially iPhones and I owned iPhones ever since 3Gs, along with iPads.

Any suggestions please? I don't have much experience with MacBooks and I cannot afford to make mistakes.

Reactions: Mity

Miles Fu

macrumors member
May 30, 2020
I have the same config MBP as yours, running 14.4.1 with no issue.

1714341045993.png

TAJones99

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2009
Orange Park, FL
I have one but I don't use it because I have a M1 Max now but Sonoma ran great on it with no issue. The MacBook Pro itself still runs get when I turn it on sometimes

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I have a 2.3 i9 64GB 2TB that I’ve just upgraded to an M3 Max. I’ll keep the i9 as it’s worth more to me as an intel laptop than the stupid low price I’d have to sell it for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.