Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
I'd like some feedback how ios7 in its current latest beta state in running on the iPad mini. How is the lag? App Store? My App Store on the mini is incredibly slow on ios6.

I'd love some comments.

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
Had it on my mini for a while but ended up going back to iOS 6. IOS 7 is still pretty buggy on iPad, even at beta 6 and there weren't enough new features to make it worth it to me to deal with the bugs (totally different story on my iPhone 5). Also the thin fonts and UI elements really don't look that great on the mini's non-retina screen.

Joaolx

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2013
Europe
I find it very smooth actually. Way better than iOS 6 jailbroken. It has some bugs and some animations could be smoother, and some applications are unsupported and might not even open but it's expected since it's in beta.
But in a few days the GM will be out, so no need to install Beta.
About the App Store, I always had problems with it in iOS 6 where it wouldn't work at all and was super slow but it runs way better in iOS 7.

aldoF

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2011
works fine for me, have seen the occasional respring, but not a deal breaker, bigger problem than the iOS itself is the apps that are not iOS7 ready and crap out.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Works but it is a bit behind the iPhone version. I run into bugs a lot in the Mini. I assume mostly related to 3rd party apps. But I do see issue with even mail and Safari.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.