Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

e93to

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2015
Toronto
I've read that iOS 9 and 10.11 will utilize iCloud Drive for syncing Notes, Calendar, Reminder, etc between Apple products instead of IMAP. And user will be prompted to convert these apps to new syncing method.

Is it possible to sync Notes, Calendar, Reminder, etc between iPhone running iOS 9 and Mac running Mountain Lion? If not, will there be a way to sync these apps' contents?

Thanks in advance.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
I used Mavericks and everything is fine except Notes and iCloud drive. Don't mixup between iCloud and iCloud Drive. They are 2 different things. The new notes (with attachment, underline/bold) will not sync with OSX 10.9 below. I am not sure how is ML, but possibly similar.

Reactions: e93to

e93to

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2015
Toronto
I used Mavericks and everything is fine except Notes and iCloud drive. Don't mixup between iCloud and iCloud Drive. They are 2 different things. The new notes (with attachment, underline/bold) will not sync with OSX 10.9 below. I am not sure how is ML, but possibly similar.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I might have to upgrade to El Cap after all...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.