Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
I just bounty it today and I've primarily been a fleksy user before this and my god this keyboard is insane! I am actually so fast with it and I love the theming options.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
I've been using nintype for about two weeks now and I've got mixed feelings about it. I love the multi hand swipe feature, but I find that I get a lot of typo's. Even swiping with one finger I find that the 'real' swype keyboard (which I also used for several weeks) was much more accurate than nintype.

I love the fact that the size of the keyboard is adjustable. I've shrunk the keyboard a bit vertically which is great to show a bit more screen real estate when the keyboard is up. I've also shrunk the landscape keyboard horizontally so it's really not much wider than the portrait keyboard. One of the things that I didn't like about swype and other swipe type keyboards is that in portrait mode they are just too wide to efficiently swipe. Nintype lets you shrink the keyboard and make it much more usable.

The animations don't really do much for me, but they can be disabled too.

I keep using it hoping that I'll get used to the keyboard and won't make as many typo's and I'm certainly doing much better now than I was two weeks ago, but it's still not as accurate as I'd prefer.

rdinterman

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
Florida
I have been using it for about two weeks. Overall I like it, trying it with different options to see what works best. Keyboards are still laggy on my 5s, so hopefully when they (Apple) can fix that it will be much easier to use alternate keyboards.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I just bounty it today and I've primarily been a fleksy user before this and my god this keyboard is insane! I am actually so fast with it and I love the theming options.

Glad you like it :)

I did not like nintype... I actually wish I never spent that $5

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
Yeah the typos most certainly are an issue I encounter but I think I will get used to it and become a faster typer with it.

----------

Glad you like it :)

I did not like nintype... I actually wish I never spent that $5
YouTube: video

I had to spend 6.50 NZD ha.

----------

I have been using it for about two weeks. Overall I like it, trying it with different options to see what works best. Keyboards are still laggy on my 5s, so hopefully when they (Apple) can fix that it will be much easier to use alternate keyboards.

Once I typed so fast in it that I made my iphone 6 lag. yeah I was typing insanely quickly.

iososx

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2014
USA
As someone with lots of patience to invest in learning many of the third party keyboards going way back to the original SWYPE for android, I'm always buying the latest keyboards to evaluate personally, instead of relying on the reports of others.

Here's my personal ratings using my iPhone 6 Plus... based on Accuracy, Speed, and Predictive results.

1) SwiftKey
2) SWYPE
3) QuickType
4) Fleksy
5) Nintype
6) Minuum

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
As someone with lots of patience to invest in learning many of the third party keyboards going way back to the original SWYPE for android, I'm always buying the latest keyboards to evaluate personally, instead of relying on the reports of others.

Here's my personal ratings using my iPhone 6 Plus... based on Accuracy, Speed, and Predictive results.

1) SwiftKey
2) SWYPE
3) QuickType
4) Fleksy
5) Nintype
6) Minuum
SwiftKey is an absolute disaster on my normal 6. Fleksy and nintype are far better.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Yeah, I've been using it too. I don't wait for other people either, heh. I returned like 10 apps this last two months, Apple doesn't have an issue with it. I actually returned a few keyboards that I didn't end up liking. So don't be afraid of trying it out.

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
Yeah, I've been using it too. I don't wait for other people either, heh. I returned like 10 apps this last two months, Apple doesn't have an issue with it. I actually returned a few keyboards that I didn't end up liking. So don't be afraid of trying it out.

I've started encountering issues with it where sometimes the autocorrect just stops working.

Serelus

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2009
Vm9pZA
I've been used to this keyboard for a while now, because I was using the jailbreak mod version of this keyboard. (Hipjot keyboard.)

I literally couldn't go without this keyboard anymore, it feels foreign whenever I use apples stock keyboard.

The only thing for me about the keyboard is that, when I open an app that's not already running. The keyboard feels like it has to boot up first, before I can start using it.

Am3r1ca16

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
New York City

1) SwiftKey
2) SWYPE
3) QuickType
4) Fleksy
5) Nintype
6) Minuum

SwiftKey is the best. Specially if you type in 2 different language. No changing keyboards!

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Been using NinType since it was in beta.. actually a beta user now. I nearly used all the keyboards in the Appstore..

NinType is the best.. IMO. Lots of features... very cool animations and he's steady trying to find ways to improve on it and add even additional features.

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
Been using NinType since it was in beta.. actually a beta user now. I nearly used all the keyboards in the Appstore..

NinType is the best.. IMO. Lots of features... very cool animations and he's steady trying to find ways to improve on it and add even additional features.

Even more features? Oh my.....

I do love how customisable it is though.

----------

SwiftKey is the best. Specially if you type in 2 different language. No changing keyboards!

For me, that's not an issue. Since English is my main language. Even though I can speak Hindi semi fluently I can't read or write it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.