Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Demon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2004
on earth
Skyscape supposedly released their software for the iPhone quite soon after the launch. Unfortunately, the website provides very little information on what the software looks like on the iPhone and how they manage to install it. Before paying 60USD for a single title, I would love to know more. Anyone have more information on skyscape for iPhone?

Thanks.:confused:

CDL0012

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2007
Well I believe SkyScape uses Edge to grab its information from a web-based server... that seems to be my understanding, which is a big downside when u don't have access to edge or wifi.

What i'm doing is bookmarking http://www.unboundcentral.com/iphone/demo in safari, and that allows me to some resources that is found in skyscape. It works pretty well, dispite the fact that I have to have access to edge/wifi when I wish to access it. You have to make sure that you bookmark that exact address above and it will come up with the resources that you want. You can just type it in safari and bookmark it afterwards, since it logs a session, and it will expire when u try to go to the bookmark later on.

Lionheart

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Tampa, FL
Well I believe SkyScape uses Edge to grab its information from a web-based server... that seems to be my understanding, which is a big downside when u don't have access to edge or wifi.

What i'm doing is bookmarking http://www.unboundcentral.com/iphone/demo in safari, and that allows me to some resources that is found in skyscape. It works pretty well, dispite the fact that I have to have access to edge/wifi when I wish to access it. You have to make sure that you bookmark that exact address above and it will come up with the resources that you want. You can just type it in safari and bookmark it afterwards, since it logs a session, and it will expire when u try to go to the bookmark later on.

Great...but what does it DO???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.