Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emaja

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 3, 2005
Chicago, IL
Not to me, but to my church. Our website is awful and as the resident "computer guy," I have been asked to re-do it. Our logo is horribly outdated and we have no budget for a professional logo job, but I was hoping that someone might want to mess around with Illustrator and see what they could come up with.

I have no need for exclusivity, so if you are a pro and want to adapt a design that you already have, that's fine by me. If you come up with something new, and later want to adapt it for someone else, that's fine too. After all, beggers can't be choosers.

I will give you full credit on the website, but no money. Sorry.

I have a few ideas, but no artistic - or Illustrator - skills whatsoever. PM or email me if you are interested and I'll share them with you. This would be used in print and on the web and ideally I would like it to be scalable and be able to be used in a letterhead as well.

I know I am asking for a lot - perhaps too much - but it is for a good cause and there are plenty of good people here, so I thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
here you go:

BLAM!

Attachments

• holy.jpg
    holy.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 125

besler3035

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
emaja said:
Not to me, but to my church. Our website is awful and as the resident "computer guy," I have been asked to re-do it. Our logo is horribly outdated and we have no budget for a professional logo job, but I was hoping that someone might want to mess around with Illustrator and see what they could come up with.

I have no need for exclusivity, so if you are a pro and want to adapt a design that you already have, that's fine by me. If you come up with something new, and later want to adapt it for someone else, that's fine too. After all, beggers can't be choosers.

I will give you full credit on the website, but no money. Sorry.

I have a few ideas, but no artistic - or Illustrator - skills whatsoever. PM or email me if you are interested and I'll share them with you. This would be used in print and on the web and ideally I would like it to be scalable and be able to be used in a letterhead as well.

I know I am asking for a lot - perhaps too much - but it is for a good cause and there are plenty of good people here, so I thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance.

If you can provide me with some information, I'll do it for free for you. Definitely would be something good to build my resume. I've done plenty of identity projects in the past. Feel free to PM me or visit my website at http://homepage.mac.com/besler/ for contact information.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
dornoforpyros said:
I vote for the stars! But I think it needs a few red & white stripes in there too!

Wow.. you are a designer! Check me out!

It's so good.. it might just become my avatar.

Attachments

• Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 108

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
Well I couldn't just let you do all the work and still call this a team. So I added some more pizzaz to it.

Attachments

• churchofgod.jpg
    churchofgod.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 129

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
cr2sh said:
Yeh... I'd like to see old fancy pants besler3035 try and top that one.

haha there's no way! emaja your logo is complete. I realize you have no money which is fine, but I would really like a copy of the bible autographed by Jesus if you can spare one.
I assume
cr2sh and Orlando Furioso would like one as well.

This should fit on most letter heads, provided you don't need to put too much text on the page after it.

Superdrive

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2003
Dallas, Tx
dornoforpyros said:
Well I couldn't just let you do all the work and still call this a team. So I added some more pizzaz to it.

Cut. Print. Set. Haha, not too often I laugh when reading the forums. I like the guns. :eek:

I have to say the original logo has a string resemblance to the "Jesus and Pals" logo.

Hopefully someone will come up with a legitimate design soon. I mean, the current one is good, but I just don't think the congregation will be "down" for it. If they are, I might have to visit.

Attachments

• medium_jesus_and_pals.gif
    medium_jesus_and_pals.gif
    36.8 KB · Views: 126

emaja

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 3, 2005
Chicago, IL
Thanks for all the offers and a few laughs, too. I have a few serious offers and have emailed all the details to those that were interested in helping out.

Thanks again guys. The response was better than I would have hoped for and I look forward to seeing the proposals.

williamw

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
Superdrive said:
Cut. Print. Set. Haha, not too often I laugh when reading the forums. I like the guns. :eek:

I have to say the original logo has a string resemblance to the "Jesus and Pals" logo.

Hopefully someone will come up with a legitimate design soon. I mean, the current one is good, but I just don't think the congregation will be "down" for it. If they are, I might have to visit.
Yes, cause south park is totally appropriate for church:p

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
emaja said:
Thanks for all the offers and a few laughs, too. I have a few serious offers and have emailed all the details to those that were interested in helping out.

Thanks again guys. The response was better than I would have hoped for and I look forward to seeing the proposals.

Haha good on ya for having a sence of humor about this :)

emaja

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 3, 2005
Chicago, IL
dornoforpyros said:
Haha good on ya for having a sence of humor about this :)

I fully braced myself for it, and in a way I would have been dissappointed if it didn't happen here, knowing you guys. We do have standards, right?

After all, I'm sure I am not the only one to re-read my posts about 30 times so that the grammar Nazis don't come out with their guns blazing - LOL!

I also knew that I would get more than a few serious responses, so it was worth it.

Heb1228

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
Dang its a good thing emaja not a Muslim. Disrespecting some religions like you guys have been doing in this thread seems to be cause for rioting and murder.

After G

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2003
California
Thanks for the laughs, guys.
I personally would like to see the blue logo with guns :-D

Oh yea, and a link to the website when it's done would be good too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.