Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LiseLotte4545

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2023
Hello everyone.

I'm looking for a new router for work and im not quite sure which brand to choose.

We are about 50 people in the company and we all pretty much use macbook

Could you guys recommend Zyxel - Router?

Thank you in advance

/Lise

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
ASUS makes some good routers. I have the AC-3200, which is a Gigabit wired router with dual band WiFi.

ovbacon

Suspended
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
Hello everyone.

I'm looking for a new router for work and im not quite sure which brand to choose.

We are about 50 people in the company and we all pretty much use macbook

Could you guys recommend Zyxel - Router?

Thank you in advance

/Lise
If you have a business with 50 people you should have an IT person working for you that deals with the network.

Reactions: macsound1

macsound1

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2007
SF Bay Area
50 people on a single access point isn't recommended, especially if they're allowed to bring their own devices like phones, tablets, smart watches, other smart devices etc.
I'd recommend at minimum a Unifi Dream Router $199 and atleast 1 additional wired access point, wired to the built in switch and placed 50-100 feet away from the router.

It's also important to what a consumer calls a "Router" is actually 3 individual products that are smushed into these consumer products. That is a Router, Switch, and Wireless Access Point.

If this is a truly professional office situation, you should deploy a professional setup that can be configured to specifically protect your internal assets and products.

martint235

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2016
I use a Synology. Also allows for storage to be connected as well as coping with a 900MBps input

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.