Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Edelheid

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2013
I currently have 5 HomePod mini spread across my home and only one of them seem to have the "wrong" temperature that's lower by ~2°C. I'm not sure if it's just coincidence because 4 of them are purchased here in the United States while one was purchased a few months later in Hong Kong. The problematic one is the Hong Kong unit. I would say they were all purchased within a few months of each other since early 2021 so I've had all of them for almost 2 years now.

I can't really tell if the issue is with the sensor itself (different sensor or a lemon) inside the HK unit. I'm thinking the regional differences may be purely coincidental, but out of curiosity I bought another HomePod mini here in the U.S. to leave it in the exact spot where the erratic HomePod mini used to be and I can tell the accuracy is the same as my 4 U.S. units, leaving the HK unit the true outlier.

I also placed the problematic HK unit next to the 4 other HomePod mini together in one place and after 2 weeks and several resets it insists on the same temperature reading (off by ~2°C) while the rest are within 0.5°C range of each other which is acceptable to me. I also try to compare the HomePod mini sensors to Eve Room that's sitting next to them and they're more or less the same reading except for the HK unit.

Just overall keen to know if there are other users here with HomePod mini from different regions and if there are any obvious differences in the sensors between them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.