Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Buying my grandson a 10th gen with keyboard for his bday, because he really likes using a trackpad. I’m worried about it being white, and how dirty it will be.

Anyone have an idea for covering it to protect it from getting dirty? Do they make skins or anything for the actual keyboard?

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Unfortunately, there are no skins for protecting the keyboard.
ESR sells a compatible keyboard with trackpad in black for the 10th gen iPad. Currently under $100 (with e-coupon)

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
I have been using the white for several months now - still looks like new.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I have been using the white for several months now - still looks like new.

Well yeah, but you probably aren’t 12. Lol

I mean my dude does take decent care of his stuff, but white is white ya know? I’m just worried about it getting super dirty looking. Maybe there’s hope.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Well yeah, but you probably aren’t 12. Lol

I mean my dude does take decent care of his stuff, but white is white ya know? I’m just worried about it getting super dirty looking. Maybe there’s hope.

True! lol
I went for white as I don't like how black keys get glossy with little use due to the oils from fingers etc - the white does seem to wipe down very easily, but at the end of the day its all down to the end user and how he tries to keep it clean in the first instance.

You can get skins for the cover from places like the below, but they obviously will do nothing to protect the edges from getting dirty, as well as the trackpad and keys....

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
True! lol
I went for white as I don't like how black keys get glossy with little use due to the oils from fingers etc - the white does seem to wipe down very easily, but at the end of the day its all down to the end user and how he tries to keep it clean in the first instance.

You can get skins for the cover from places like the below, but they obviously will do nothing to protect the edges from getting dirty, as well as the trackpad and keys....

Yeah I don’t love the shiny-ness on the MK keys. If the white wipes down easily, it’ll probably be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.