Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FireFish

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Ever since I recently upgraded my iOS to the iOS 14.6 beta 1, I immediately noticed major camera problems.

Firstly, Camera 2+ doesn’t respond properly, and hangs always. Then I try the Apple native camera app, and to my disappointment it was also bad!! Specifically when switching to the 0.5 camera, it goes black for a while and finally comes around. It seems like the issue is deeply rooted in the 3 camera system’s ability to operate smoothly as it was intended to, so that users like me don’t actually notice it switches lenses while zooming while recording or viewing.
This is a bad glitch for a company that has milked several consecutive upgrades now that basically are only improving the camera.

kevcube

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2020
This is a bad glitch for a company
don't blame apple for instabilities in the FIRST beta of a new OS version.

If you're not using this device for development, and/or developing a camera app or working with camera APIs, there's no reason to complain.

and if you ARE doing that, then take it up with apple.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Ever since I recently upgraded my iOS to the iOS 14.6 beta 1, I immediately noticed major camera problems.

Firstly, Camera 2+ doesn’t respond properly, and hangs always. Then I try the Apple native camera app, and to my disappointment it was also bad!! Specifically when switching to the 0.5 camera, it goes black for a while and finally comes around. It seems like the issue is deeply rooted in the 3 camera system’s ability to operate smoothly as it was intended to, so that users like me don’t actually notice it switches lenses while zooming while recording or viewing.
This is a bad glitch for a company that has milked several consecutive upgrades now that basically are only improving the camera.

You have reported this to Apple of course?

And also you should not be on a beta program if you’re not going to be happy with issues, expected or otherwise.

This is the correct thread:

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.