Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jedphoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2020
Hi Everyone,

New poster here. First, some background... I purchased a used 2011 i7 last year with a 4tb internal, 500gb ssd, and with an updated 4.0 bluetooth card. With a thunderbolt dock giving me USB3, it was a pretty decent machine. Unfortunately, the GPU is going out now. I know there is a long thread about upgrading GPUs and the like, but I personally don't have the confidence nor the ability to handle such project. I have seen some pre-flashed GPUs coming out of China on Amazon and eBay. So, my question is if anyone knows of a place or person in the bay area that could help me out with this? With the iMacs being low in stock, possible ARM replacements and lack of funds due to all of this COVID stuff, I would prefer to keep this iMac going for another year. I am not too worried about getting info off of the drives as it will still boot into target disc mode. Reviving the computer may be a lost cause, but I figured I would ask.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.