Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Is there anyway to add a direct shortcut on the home screen on iPhone (iOS 7) to a numbers file?

I have a document that I open often, and rather than open numbers, wait until it loads all my spreadsheets, fins know I want, open it would be easier for a shortcut direct to open it.

Thanks

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Is there anyway to add a direct shortcut on the home screen on iPhone (iOS 7) to a numbers file?

I have a document that I open often, and rather than open numbers, wait until it loads all my spreadsheets, fins know I want, open it would be easier for a shortcut direct to open it.

Thanks

There is no way to do this.

Mcfische

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2017
Delete Numbers the open link in Safari and open it. Great a home page then reinstall numbers

TJSnout

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2017
California
Creating a home screen link to a Numbers document

Using a program called 'Workflow' from App Store. This task can be accomplished in a few ways. Below is one to consider:

- Open Numbers document (Pages may work also?)
- Touch COLABORATION icon : Touch 'send Link' : Choose 'CopyLink'
- Open Workflow : Using 'Open Bookmark' workflow from Gallery : Paste URL and add title
- Touch SHARE icon : Choose 'Add to desktop' : Follow instructions

TaDa!

Hope that helps someone.

Tim

Last edited:

MissiKrissi

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
Creating a home screen link to a Numbers document

Using a program called 'Workflow' from App Store. This task can be accomplished in a few ways. Below is one to consider:

- Open Numbers document (Pages may work also?)
- Touch COLABORATION icon : Touch 'send Link' : Choose 'CopyLink'
- Open Workflow : Using 'Open Bookmark' workflow from Gallery : Paste URL and add title
- Touch SHARE icon : Choose 'Add to desktop' : Follow instructions

TaDa!

Hope that helps someone.

Tim
[doublepost=1533450663][/doublepost]Thank you for introducing me to Workflow. Now I’m addicted. Thanks

I tried to create a link to my homepage for a Numbers spreadsheet I use daily; however, there was no “open bookmark” in the Workflow Gallery. I tried searching for it and couldn’t find it anywhere. Do you know if this process has changed? I’m not a programmer, so some of the actions for creating my own Workflows are above my head.

Also, do you know if there is a way to open apps not in the suggested lists? I have a series of apps I open to complete daily activities. Would be great to use a Workflow.

Thank you for your time and sharing knowledge!

Kris

OllyOwlKaPow

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2018
[doublepost=1533450663][/doublepost]Thank you for introducing me to Workflow. Now I’m addicted. Thanks

I tried to create a link to my homepage for a Numbers spreadsheet I use daily; however, there was no “open bookmark” in the Workflow Gallery. I tried searching for it and couldn’t find it anywhere. Do you know if this process has changed? I’m not a programmer, so some of the actions for creating my own Workflows are above my head.

Also, do you know if there is a way to open apps not in the suggested lists? I have a series of apps I open to complete daily activities. Would be great to use a Workflow.

Thank you for your time and sharing knowledge!

Kris
Hi MissiKrissi,

I just found this tread as I was trying to do the same. Instead of looking for “open bookmark”, you need to add two steps in Workflow. First, add an “action”, scroll right to the bottom, pick “URL” and drag to the workflow. Second, go back to actions and pick “Open URLs” and drag to your workflow - note that this option wasn’t there when you added the first action.

Hopefully that will fix it for you - it worked a treat for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.