Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cloud9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
between flesh and thought
I have two thunderbolt displays that I now have added to a multi-output device to add depth to my photo workstation sound, for pleasure only. It sounds great to me in combination with my desktop speakers, I even have it dialed in so left and right work well, but I have to keep the midi audio setup open to control volume. Is there another way, even if kludgy?

I have a logitech craft keyboard, and various midi devices but I don't know how to get them to control volume.

MajorFubar

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2021
Lancashire UK
Nice find. Let us know how (well) it works. Multi-output devices and aggregate devices are one of the areas where Macs excel, but it's always been more than a bit annoying that you can't homogeneously change the volume.

Last edited:

Cloud9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
between flesh and thought
It works as well as a third party app from the osx 10 era. Which means it works but it doesn't dissapear into the os really. My main problem with it is it affects only usb devices (so far as I understand), not external headphone jack, and more annoying than that, is that it resets my channel settings for each device.

For example I have the left channel on my right thunderbolt display turned down and the reverse for the opposite thunderbolt display. For more accurate stereo effect. But when I use that app to modify all sound from the keyboard it resets those channels so I am back to doing it manually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.