Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TelevatorsEsp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
I traded an old amp of mine for a late '06 black Macbook that came installed with Tiger, iLife, and MS Office. I want to do a clean install but don't have any of the installation disks, and I'm wondering if there's anyway I can get them. I'm probably out of luck with MS Office but what about the others?

John.B

macrumors 601
Jan 15, 2008
Holocene Epoch
If you buy Leopard it won't come with Office or iLife. For that matter it won't come with Tiger either.

Get the disks from the guy who you got the MacBook from.

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
Tiger, iLife and an Office trial would have come preinstalled on the MacBook when first purchased and on the install DVDs. the seller should have included the install DVDs as its common practice to do this. ask him for them. also you can buy a retail Tiger disc for intel Macs and as the above poster said the retail Leopard disc doesnt come with iLife or the Office trial.

if the seller "lost" them contact Apple explaining the situation and ask if some can be shipped to you free of charge or if not where you could purchase some. there are some on ebay here but they may not work as its for a 07 model macbook which probably has an upgraded and faster processor.

GeneKam

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2008
Mississauga, ON
torrent is the key answer to that, but it is illigal unless you own the disks, technicly all macs come with them so in your case i dont think that would be illigal, or at least as i see it. I think about it more as a digital copy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.