Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

P51

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2009
I'm losing 1% every 45 seconds. Everything was fine until 2 nights ago and I have no idea what happened. All I did was download some app updates (Facebook and Chrome). Next morning it all went downhill.:mad:

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
neither of those are the issue are you jailbroken? have you downloaded anything there. Sorry but we are not psychics you going to have to provide info if you want help. I usually say uninstall one app at a time till the problem goes away. if your loosing battery that fast it should be easy to see what the cause is.

P51

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2009
neither of those are the issue are you jailbroken? have you downloaded anything there. Sorry but we are not psychics you going to have to provide info if you want help. I usually say uninstall one app at a time till the problem goes away. if your loosing battery that fast it should be easy to see what the cause is.

I never asked if you were a psychic...... I asked is there a way to see what's using battery. For example in Android you can see what % of battery is used by each app/system resource etc... I didn't know if there was a tweak like this from iOS.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I'm losing 1% every 45 seconds. Everything was fine until 2 nights ago and I have no idea what happened. All I did was download some app updates (Facebook and Chrome). Next morning it all went downhill.:mad:

Seen like a memory leak, try the following:

* Delete and reinstall the apps that got updated last.

* Hard reset your phone (Hold Power + home until it reboot)

* let the battery drain 100% (until the phone shut off by itself) and recharge it back to 100%.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
try Carot in the app store like suggested but we still don't know are you jailbroken if you are you can also try battery detective it's a paid app though.

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2009
Same thing happening to me for the past few days. Battery life decreased by a half and my usage time is almost the same as the standby time according to phone info, although the phone is not being used most of the time. Something's runing in the background and chewing at the battery although I've made sure all killable tasks have been killed in the app switcher.

I'm suspecting the latest version of Lockinfo (4.0.6.13) is the culprit but have no way to prove it. Everything was fine until I updated Lockinfo. Or could it be the new Facebook app?

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Same thing happening to me for the past few days. Battery life decreased by a half and my usage time is almost the same as the standby time according to phone info, although the phone is not being used most of the time. Something's runing in the background and chewing at the battery although I've made sure all killable tasks have been killed in the app switcher.

I'm suspecting the latest version of Lockinfo (4.0.6.13) is the culprit but have no way to prove it. Everything was fine until I updated Lockinfo. Or could it be the new Facebook app?

try uninstalling them and see if it fixes it. However facebook for me is not the issue but I'm not on it a ton. I use intelliscreenX so I can't say anything about lockinfo.

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2009
A much faster (instanteous) way of finding out apps with high CPU usage on jailbroken devices is using top via SSH:

http://www.iphonelife.com/blog/87/reliable-cpu-usage-measurements-idevices

OK I got Top from Cydia and I SSH into my phone and run Terminal. In the terminal I enter "top" and it seems to run but only thing it does just refreshes the terminal screen a couple of times with its info (all zeros) and then freezes my SSH terminal.

And the above link does not provide any instructions how exactly to run Top to obtain some usable info. Any ideas?

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2009
OK finally found the info:

you have to get MobileTerminal from Cydia and run

Code:
top -u

and it will sort the processes by CPU usage. But alas, nothing even remotely suspicious there, apart from the fact the multiple Top and Terminal processes are consuming almost 100% of my iP4's CPU for some reason - see attached.

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    151 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

bAdNitro

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2012
Swoyersville, PA

I'm having the same issue. Standby I lose about 15% every 20 minutes, with usage I lose 1% every 45 seconds. I have experienced this non jailbroken on 5.0.1, 5.1.1 and 6.0 and I have also experienced this jailbroken on 5.0.1 and 5.1.1

My phone also heats up very hot after just a few minutes of usage. I KNOW it's due to a defective battery, but nothing gets fixed when dealing with apple...

You can try DFU restore and setting phone up as new device, but it hasn't worked for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.