Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
I really want to get an iPhone 15 pro 256GB storage ... or a base 128 below $999 price. I am also looking at a Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra and I can get that for $730 with trade in of my Google Pixel 7 pro. I would like to get an iPhone but I can't really justify a $1,099 purchase for the 256GB when the S24 ultra is so much cheaper and I like it a lot. I would just like to get an iPhone for iMessage.... But not enough to spend $1,099 for it.

Also unlocked.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
Check out Swappa. There are plenty of mint condition 256gb 15 Pros for $975 to $1000.
I would want a new phone so I can add Apple Care plus on it. Mostly for the lost and theft part of it. Though I did think about it. I ended up getting a Samsung Galaxy Ultra S24. Great phone I got for $800

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
IMHO iMessage is overrated 🫤
Yeah but it's convenient. It is nice to have when you have a MacBook. Makes it easier. Plus SMS/MMS sucks. And yes I know RCS is coming but even then I have a friend with an Android phone and RCS doesn't work for some reason. I like the iPhone 15 pro but not enough to not save $450 on a S24 ultra.

digitalcuriosity

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2015
I would want a new phone so I can add Apple Care plus on it. Mostly for the lost and theft part of it. Though I did think about it. I ended up getting a Samsung Galaxy Ultra S24. Great phone I got for $800
A while back i went with a Samsung phone i had a Samsung tablet with both the phone and the tablet, Samsung quickly stopped their software support, and when i had problems with the hardware of both phone and tablet Samsung would not except the phone was under warranty, and it took many calls to have them even try fixing the tablet it went back twice with them getting it not fixed, then i was just offered a cheaper tablet by $200 as a replacement and it also had problems so i just put it away in a closet where it still resides..

From that time on it's been Apple iPhones and Apple iPads four of them , both phones and iPads have been supported for many years and no failures of their hardware to this date, and i have today both the Apple iPhone 15 Pro and the Apple iPad Air 5, both were great right from the start and i love them both.

So i say good luck with your Samsung phone maybe things have changed at Samsung.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
A while back i went with a Samsung phone i had a Samsung tablet with both the phone and the tablet, Samsung quickly stopped their software support, and when i had problems with the hardware of both phone and tablet Samsung would not except the phone was under warranty, and it took many calls to have them even try fixing the tablet it went back twice with them getting it not fixed, then i was just offered a cheaper tablet by $200 as a replacement and it also had problems so i just put it away in a closet where it still resides..

From that time on it's been Apple iPhones and Apple iPads four of them , both phones and iPads have been supported for many years and no failures of their hardware to this date, and i have today both the Apple iPhone 15 Pro and the Apple iPad Air 5, both were great right from the start and i love them both.

So i say good luck with your Samsung phone maybe things have changed at Samsung.
Samsung has been very good with software support for the last few years. Before. the Google Pixel 8 they had one of the longest support of devices promising 4 OS updates and 5 yrs of security updates. Google promised 7 and than Samsung followed suit with the S24. Samsung is also pretty fast updating their phones too now. Samsung also has the Samsung 837 store in NYC which is similar to the Apple Store and I had zero issues fixing a battery issue I had with the Note 8 that I had. I have owned various Samsung phones since the Galaxy S2 series and never had issues. I don't really care about the iOS vs Android hoopla both are great. I was considering an iPhone 15 pro but I could get the S24 ultra for the price of an iPhone 15 I figured I'll get the S24 ultra. I wanted an iPhone because of iMessage and my other phone is a Pixel 8 but iPhone would be nice.

rich32gb5s

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2013
Berkshire
Here in the UK ID Mobile through Carphone Warehouse or mobiles.co.uk seem to have the best deals currently. Not forgetting to also purchase through a cashback site!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.