Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marine610610

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
Does anyone here play this on their Mac reguarly? If i was to get it and play online, would i be able to play people who are using the PC version?

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
Does anyone here play this on their Mac reguarly? If i was to get it and play online, would i be able to play people who are using the PC version?

Tho not sure, I would say no, you will not be able to play it with PC users. I'm only saying this due to my past experience with online Mac games and there is a large chance im wrong.

Eric5h5

macrumors 68020
Dec 9, 2004
At the moment, no. Macsoft said they were doing a patch to enable Mac/PC networking, but it's been a while.

--Eric

marine610610

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
At the moment, no. Macsoft said they were doing a patch to enable Mac/PC networking, but it's been a while.

--Eric

Any similiar games (not WOW) that will work for this? Im looking for something that is current.

marine610610

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
Mac and PC Civilization 4 gamers can play against each other. One of the best games out there too, in my humble little opinion.

I wish i saw this before i picked up AOE3. Isnt Civ a turn based game though? How well does that end up working out with a 4 on 4 or whatever? Do people get irritated with the waiting?

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills

--Eric

I emailed Macsoft in January no my disappointing purchase once I found out my girlfriend who has a Dell and I who have a MBP could not play. There response to my question (when can I play her) was "I will pass your concern on to the higher ups. At the time there is no Mac/PC networking and there has not been any development. Thank you"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.