Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mimizone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2006
Hi all.

So far, I have installed the beta version of High Sierra on a Fusion drive SSD+Hard drive on my Mini.
It works ok. Not amazed by performance, but not sure I can blame only APFS+Fusion.

My question is, knowing that Apple officially removed the support for Fusion drive in APFS in the next release of High sierra, I wonder what's gonna happen when I upgrade.

Anybody already went through the process?

Is it just gonna be a painfully long upgrade but working, or simply a "No can't do-reinstall from your time machine" message?

Reactions: lostmyshoe123

lostmyshoe123

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2016
England
Hi all.

So far, I have installed the beta version of High Sierra on a Fusion drive SSD+Hard drive on my Mini.
It works ok. Not amazed by performance, but not sure I can blame only APFS+Fusion.

My question is, knowing that Apple officially removed the support for Fusion drive in APFS in the next release of High sierra, I wonder what's gonna happen when I upgrade.

Anybody already went through the process?

Is it just gonna be a painfully long upgrade but working, or simply a "No can't do-reinstall from your time machine" message?
I think you will have to erase and reinstall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.