Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmantn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 13, 2012
Tn
I had some issues with 10.13.6 beta that I didn't realize until I installed 10.14 where my file system was corrupted.

After several days of troubleshooting I ultimately had to split and delete both drives from a USB Mojave boot disk and from that recovery created the fusion drive and merged again following directions from this link from @Weaselboy
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/i-think-i-just-broke-my-new-imac.1973683/

I was able to install Mojave, and used migration assistant to import data and ran into issues with Mac user accounts not showing. To resolve this I simply had to go to System Preferences > Users and Groups > add user accounts with the names (to find this go to terminal and type
Code:
ls /users
) and select option to add to existing folder.

I then went to disk utility and first aid found no issues however I now see the following which could've occurred at any point

Fusion Drive
>Container Disk2
>>Macintosh HD

I'll attach a picture.

I also got my first external SSD from Crucial with a Nexstar GX enclosure for an external drive
I initialized it and formatted it APFS and it is showing a container

CT1000MX 500SSD1 Media
>Container disk7
>>Crucial1TBSSD

How do I fix this? Also side question should I enable trim or anything on this external Crucial SSD.

Edit:
Some clarifications: I had to erase fusion drive as I had a bootcamp partition on 10.13.6 that produced an error when erasing via bootcamp where I couldn't repartition via recovery or terminal without splitting and erasing the fusion drive. That's been resolved but also what led me down this path.

Edit2:
Changing Disk Utility Views to show Volumes only helps with the OCD, I've seen this may be expected with APFS but just checking at this point.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 13.44.23.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 13.44.23.png
    247.6 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.