Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dexapini

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2022
I have a Mac Pro 3.1 and Apogee Duet audio interface. I recently bought "big jack" adapter (6.3 mm) and plugged it with my headphones to the interface. When I play some random music, the interface's "dots" are blinking, like it's working, but it doesnt play any sound. I changed headphones - the same situation. In settings, Duet is selected as a audio output. Could anyone help me with this issue?

dexapini

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2022
Unfortunatelly I don’t see Audio MIDI Setup app in Utilities folder. It’s not muted. I didnt install any Apogee’s software. In sound settings, when I plugged the interfece in, Mac detected it automatically

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
The 1/4" headphones are connected to the 1/8" jack via the adapter? Has the Duet output been tested with anything else connected to it…via the headphone port or the output cable?

Your connection failure could be between the phones and the adapter…or the adapter and the Duet. I've had 1/8" inputs before that wouldn't accept some 1/8" plugs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.