Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tweaknmod

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
I know this is divisive, and I don't mean to enflame things, I just wanted to start a thread for people like me to say a fond farewell to Apollo and Reddit after some great times online.

A while ago, I did a data request, so I could download all saved content myself with jDownloader. Tonight I'll be nuking my account. I'm simply not interested in participating in — or supporting — Reddit anymore.

I'm not a mod, but please keep this light and positive. This is meant to be a fond farewell kind of party, not a heated debate, nor a flaming of those who are choosing a direction similar to mine — there are many other threads for that.

So, if anyone has hitched themselves to the same boat I have, post your favourite Reddit memes, the best parts of your experience with Reddit, why you loved Apollo, a cool story about an interaction you had, or anything else positive you'd like to share.

Throughout the evening, I'm going to be going over my posts, comments, and some of my saved content; I'll drop some of it here, assuming this thread doesn't get burned to the ground, lol

I think my roommate is a Redditor...

Reactions: Miicat_47

Miicat_47

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2022
Europe
Narwhal (somewhat similar to Apollo) will have paid app, but I’m not sure if I will use Reddit at all after what the CEO has done

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.