Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

budmonster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
My sons iPad Pro is JB on 9.3.2. There’s a lot of apps that he can’t download from him being on iOS 9. I was told to try App Admin & Lowerinstall.

He wanted the Amazon Kindle app on his iPad so he could read his eBooks but the Kindle app requires iOS 10 or above. In Lowerinstall I changed the iOS to the latest iOS. I guess it spoofs it?

I couldn’t get either of the tweaks to work. The Kindle app somehow downloaded but would not open. Also, other apps that where already on his iPad now won’t open or it tries to download it again with no luck?

For example Splice was already on his iPad and now it’s grayed out, a lot of apps/games are like this. To the left is Speak & Translate, it won’t even open even though it was installed previous to the tweaks being installed.
Also, YouTube Music won’t open, same with YouTube, etc.

I removed both tweaks & the issues are still happening. Some apps work & some don’t, it’s a hit or miss. Anyway to fix this?

Edit: Some apps that are grayed out I can’t even delete? He has the Amazon shopping app on his iPad and I can’t event delete it? A couple other apps won’t allow m.e to delete them either.)

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
I would try that, now the Ipad looks as a 12.1.4 device, which would allow it to install apps which are designed for 12.1.4 but of course in reality it is only 9.3.2 which is why those newly downloaded apps will not work in most cases.

Spoofing always has downsides...

budmonster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
I removed app admin. I went into lowerinstall and put 9.3.2 back. Still having issues. Once I put 9.3.2 in lowerinstall, respring the iPad, do I the uninstall lowerinstall after? I’m still unable to update apps, delete apps and download apps that where previously on his iPad before I started this mess.

I would try that, now the Ipad looks as a 12.1.4 device, which would allow it to install apps which are designed for 12.1.4 but of course in reality it is only 9.3.2 which is why those newly downloaded apps will not work in most cases.

Spoofing always has downsides...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.