Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iLoveDeveloping

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
Ireland
Hi, I remember I could see what links an app was streaming from when I used to be a dev back in the day, is there still a way to do this? I bought an app but it only work when connected to internet. I wanted to find out where it’s loading from and download the audio for offline use - I remember years ago I did this for a meditation app but can’t remember how I did it or with what. Any ideas?

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Well you can't for certain just download it for offline use. Just because it gets it from a server doesn't mean that server will just give you the data neatly unless you pass it a certificate or something that the app has and so on.

But you could set up your iOS device to connect to the internet through your Mac, and set up Wireshark on that to monitor the traffic

iLoveDeveloping

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
Ireland
Great thanks! I’ll give it a try! It’s a very basic app I’m guessing they wouldn’t have the technical knowledge to do that, i bet it’s just a mp3 stored on a server and if it is I can get at it! Thanks for the help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.