Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
There was a question posed on the TWiT iOS Today forum on Discord that I had never thought of, an electric toothbrush managed with a smartphone App. I looked it up and found the Colgate "Hum" toothbrush. This is one of the toothbrushes that uses ultrasonics along with regular brushing to do the job. Ultrasonic cleaning gets the job done much better them a rotary toothbrush like the Oral B. The Hum toothbrush has sensors embedded in the handle track your progress and gets to know your unique brushing style. With this knowledge the App helps you optimize your brushing. For parents Hum also has a toothbrush for children and the App helps you monitor their brushing and educate them on good dental hygiene. The Toothbrush itself can operate "off line" and when connected to the App updates you brushing database. The Hum has thousands of 5 star reviews on Amazon. I liked what I saw and ordered one for myself.

Here is the App for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
We have been using both Oral-B and Philips Sonicare but our experience as far as durability and quality is better with the Sonicares. We do buy the brushes of third parties since the original ones are really expensive. The business model is similar to printers and cartridges ;) There is an app for the Sonicare but only for a specific version we don't have but the app also syncs with Apple Health. I know there is also a kids app for the Philips Sonicare kids model.

Reactions: transmaster
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.